Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windows Phone 8 Launch
SickFreak

I just watched the Windows Phone 8 launch event and there was some good information.  You can get an overview of what was discussed at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/Press/2012/Oct12/10-29WindowsPhone8PR.aspx.

Specifically which phones will Verizon make available?  Ballmer talked about three phones that Verizon will make available.  Below is a copy/paste from the launch event.

Microsoft and Verizon Wireless have opened a new chapter in a long partnership. Verizon Wireless will carry the Windows Phone 8X by HTC for $199.99 with a two-year contract, and the Nokia Lumia 822, exclusive to Verizon, for $99.99 with a two-year contract. Both will be available by Thanksgiving. In addition the Samsung ATIV Odyssey, also exclusive to Verizon, will be available in December.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone 8 Launch
hopmedic
Novice

I just finished watching it myself.  I'm at work, so I couldn't see all of it live, but saw parts, and went back and replayed the rest.  I'm liking that, and anxious to see what the Odyssey holds, but I still want the camera of the 920, and the Nokia apps.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This popped up on the Verizon page a while ago:

http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=windowsphone

0 Likes
SickFreak

Another WP8 video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQZEkXCE_fY

One thing they keep saying is that the Windows Phone was designed to be very personal.... yet there is yet to be one with a keyboard.... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
SickFreak

One thing that I really like is the "Data Sense" capability - and Verizon appears to be the first with this capability.

0 Likes
dimap52

Thanks to high tariffs and paltry data allowances, you're going to need it.

0 Likes
SickFreak

Yep.  I still have unlimited data, but when I replace my wife's phone, she'll need a data plan.

0 Likes
SickFreak

Something else I liked was the "Room" capability where we can share things, like a shopping list.  I know I suggested shared files to them a while back (using a family shopping list as an example and they actually responded it was a good idea and would send the suggestion back to the developers.)  I'm sure that a lot of us made the same suggestion and they finally did it.

0 Likes
EcureuilSauvage

no lumia 920 or 922.... really dissappointed.

0 Likes
SickFreak

Agree - appears that VZW doesn't have any high end Windows Phones.

0 Likes