Windows Phone DAY at Verizon 8/19/14
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Looks like Verizon is poised to make all of the Windows Phone pain go away tomorrow.  First, for all of those HTC 8 owners that Verizon refuses to updated - there is a new HTC Windows Phone you can order tomorrow.  Isn't that fantastic.

And if rumors hold true, all of rest of the VZW Windows Phone Owners will get 8/1 Cyan starting tomorrow as well.

Why, it's as if Verizon really does care about their Windows Phone Customers. 

http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-one-w8-promos-start-popping-verizons-retail-stores

Labels (1)
Re: Windows Phone DAY at Verizon 8/19/14
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Okay. I give up. How is the release of the new HTC phone an indicator of updates for the current lineup of Windows Phones?

Don't get me wrong. I'm running the DP on my Lumia Icon but very anxious to see the Cyan update so I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

About 2 weeks ago, the date of the 19th for Verizon to release 8.1 Cyan was floating around on a few WP Forums.  With the announcement of the HTC release coming tomorrow - it makes sense to tie the 2 together.  After all, only 365 days in a year.  VZW has to spend at least one of them focused on the Windows Phone.

0 Likes
nemz
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC 8 that Verizon refuses to update? Please elaborate because all I've heard is the 8S can't get the new update because of hardware restrictions. Please reference a source that says Verizon has no intention to release 8.1 to these phones.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Last month, Verizon delivered updated Lumia drivers as a part of their online update.  I am not sure if they were required or not for the 8.1 Cyan update, but they were delivered nevertheless.

In order for Verizon to deliver 8.1 Cyan to the HTC 8X and 8S, drivers are needed first.  See article below.

(Of course, most who own the 8X or 8S are due for an upgrade anyway.  Perhaps the announcement of this new HTC Windows Phone is to motivate current HTC customers to switch?  If I were an 8S or 8X customer, I would be pretty aggravated that my device was never updated.)

http://www.wpcentral.com/some-devices-needs-oem-driver-updates-windows-phone-81-update-1

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

To add insult to injury

The HTC One M8 not only comes with Windows Phone 8.1; it also has Update 1 already installed

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Ouch.

At least that means that Verizon is supporting it.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Better late than never?

Nonsense.  We pay to much to wait.

8.1 Cyan is out.  Runs on Developer Preview too.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

...or maybe not.  Developer Preview update.  At least someone is sending out updates! 

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

Well, looks like WindowsPhone "Day" was a bust for Lumia users waiting on Cyan. I figure if we don't see it today or tomorrow, we'll lose another week, and it's on to week 6 and counting with no communication from Verizon.

0 Likes