Windows Phone HTC ONE M8 Cannot receive picture messages, getting duplicate texts, data only on WiFi.
vzclyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Windows Phone HTC ONE M8 Cannot receive picture messages, getting duplicate texts, data only on WiFi. This last week has been nothing but trouble and new employer is getting upset his messages are not getting to me. He wants me to switch to the business AT&T plan but I'm locked in contract and ultimately do not want to go this route.  My wife also gets duplicate messages from me on her LG G3 Verizon, and from her sister Galaxy S5 AT&T. Is this Verizon's service? I'm 2 out of 6 contracted years, this needs to be solved. If I need a replacement phone, please advise. I am also upset I had to type this message twice since clicking "Ask It" made me sign up and find my way back here. C'mon now.. Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows Phone HTC ONE M8 Cannot receive picture messages, getting duplicate texts, data only on WiFi.
vzclyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another couple hours on this and I got the picture messages to come through, still receiving duplicate messages though, if anyone has ideas.

What I did, and I don't know why it works:

Messaging > settings, I turned off everything but group text.

Settings > Cellular + Sim > Changed Mode Selection to LTE and CDMA then switched it back to Global

Only 2 things I changed before turning off and on the phone again. I find it funny that picture messages stopped coming through and I had made no setting changes, but to give Verizon benefit of the doubt, I'm going to blame this on a HTC update I remember doing in the last few weeks sometime.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone HTC ONE M8 Cannot receive picture messages, getting duplicate texts, data only on WiFi.
vzclyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also want to add that I have done most of the basics. I'm an IT and have helped many others solve related issues, but cannot get mine fixed even after going over all settings more than 3x. I have turned off/on all data/roaming/message settings, airplane mode is NOT ON, tested with WiFi turned off, and no other messaging apps. I HAD Verizon Messaging but it was not setup, I also uninstalled with no change.

Phone is up to date, all apps are up to date. Much more time on this and I will be asking for a replacement ASAP.

0 Likes
vzclyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another couple hours on this and I got the picture messages to come through, still receiving duplicate messages though, if anyone has ideas.

What I did, and I don't know why it works:

Messaging > settings, I turned off everything but group text.

Settings > Cellular + Sim > Changed Mode Selection to LTE and CDMA then switched it back to Global

Only 2 things I changed before turning off and on the phone again. I find it funny that picture messages stopped coming through and I had made no setting changes, but to give Verizon benefit of the doubt, I'm going to blame this on a HTC update I remember doing in the last few weeks sometime.

0 Likes