Re: Windows Upgrade for Samsung ATIV SE
shadygreen75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I had purchased the phone several months ago I am stuck with  the device. I am at a loss in any other means other than litigation because I feel that I have been lied to for the last year plus. I am going to contact Samsung right now and see exactly what they are going to give me in writing before I proceed any further.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe its a year on the warranty. I would insist that Samsung replace it with new. They may do it or even a comparable device would be better for you.

That would be good customer service.Smiley Happy

I know Verizon will only switch out with used devices. I hate that since the issues your old phone had may pale in comparison to the certified like new replacement.

0 Likes
TM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pamela,

I'm tracking.  I honestly didn't expect any information about the update... quite the contrary, I would have been amazed if Verizon actually provided any relevant information for you to pass along.  I would simply suggest that your company uses questionable practices.  The long-short of this is that I would never have purchased the phone if your sales person had told me that he had no information about the Windows 8.1 update.  To be blunt, I believe that he knew this and intentionally mislead me to sell the handset(s) as part of a directed marketing tactic to push this particular product.  Your company could easily calculate that the return period would expire well before the vast majority of customers would complain.  At the end of the day, you still have a 2-year contract that will likely outlast the average customer's attention span and memory.  By that time they will either be too lazy to change carriers or you'll try to entice them with "loyalty discounts" or some other ploy to be their best buddy until they sign again.  If this isn't the case, they there must be some sort of commission or entitlement program that would entice salespeople to "go rogue" to sell handsets regardless of what they had to promise (but let's be honest, if this were the case Verizon would better benefit from acknowledging and fixing the problem as opposed to ignoring it).  That's it.  Do with it what you will.  I don't want apologies.  That being said, I would like an explanation but realize that this will never happen.  Who really cares if a hand full of customers are unhappy when millions of others either are oblivious, don't particularly care, or are simply too lazy to complain about being screwed and just take it?

0 Likes
SoftEngineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The false statement by the sales rep is an act of consumer fraud.  You should file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office.  Focus on false statements made by the sales rep as the basis for your complaint.  I read the arbitration agreement and it DOESN'T exclude you from filing a small claims lawsuit.  If you're really fighting angry you can picket the Verizon store where you bought the phone.

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just talked with Samsung.  They do not know when Windows 8.1 will be available and they do not want to speculate.  They said to check periodically for updates.  I guess we will all know better in two years.

TM01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a similar email from Samsung.  This is what they had to say (cut and paste):

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your e-mail, we understand that you are inquiring regarding the windows 8.1 update for your device.

We certainly understand your concern. We will provide you with the appropriate information.

We have received the exact model number inforamtion.

We have checked for the information and see that, as of know the windows devices are running on Windows 8 operating system.

We are unable to speculate when or if the update will be release to your device. Any inappropriate information would lead to confusion. Please visit our website periodically as the information of update will be reflected on the website once it is released.

In addition, we would like to inform that, updates are pushed to device through the carrier that is collaborated with Samsung. They are pushed randomly in a form of packets. You will receive a push notification once the update is released and pushed to your device.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further concerns. We would be glad to assist you.

If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, visit us http://originus.samsung.com/us/smartphone-simulators-and-tutorials/# for an interactive review of some of our Samsung products.

Link : http://originus.samsung.com/us/smartphone-simulators-and-tutorials/#

If you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone, you can also reach out to our chat support team by accessing the following link. Live Chat is available 24 hours a day. 7 days a week.

Link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Good to know that nobody has any information.  It might be time to let the "Uncarrier" have my ATIV SE and let them buy out my contract: Switch Carriers without Early Termination Fees | No ETF's | T-Mobile

0 Likes
Not applicable

You did read what you posted from Samsung? This is the device maker telling you the information.

However you feel switching carriers is the answer. This puzzles me?

What is the difference if T-Mobile doesn't get updates out any faster versus Verizon Wireless?

I have read right now AT&T is updating. Have heard nothing about T-Mobile maybe I will google it and see.

Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan update tracker | Windows Phone Central

Don't see it at T-Mobile or even for your device yet.

0 Likes
SoftEngineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The bottom line is that Verizon has no business offering this phone.  I'm losing trust in "smartphones". The temptation is to use two devices:  A basic "non-smart" phone for calls and a mini tablet with a USB 4G modem when I need data.  I'm going to try a Galaxy 5 assuming the ATIV SE Windows 8.1 update isn't available by Saturday.  If that is a "problem child", I will learn the lesson that "smartphones" are more trouble than they are worth.  I have several apps on my ATIV SE that won't connect, however I can surf the web, so it's not a connection problem.  I have 20+ years as a programmer using Microsoft IDEs and languages and can tell you no customer should be required to endure the headaches that Verizon is serving up here.  It takes a lot to frustrate someone with my know-how, but Verizon has managed to do so.  The ATIV SE should be pulled from the shelves until this is resolved.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why in the world aren't you pressuring Samsung for the updates?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checked the Windows Phones on Microsoft: The smartphone reinvented around you | Windows Phone (United States)  - did a comparison and they all seem to be running Windows 8.0

0 Likes