Windows phone apps continually updating
MagBoase

My Windows phone apps are continually updating, can't use some of my favorites (Words with Friends, My Fitness Pal) anymore because they never complete the update!!!  I've reset the phone, removed the battery, etc, and nothing works.  I went to the local store and they couldn't help.  Can't wait to dump this Windows phone!  Can anyone help with this continuous updating?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows phone apps continually updating
primortal
Master - Level 1

Make sure your Language an Region (in Settings) is correct.

Try uninstalling one app and reinstalling it and see if that works.  If so do the remaining apps.

Also are you getting an error code when the update fails?

0 Likes
MagBoase

I have adjusted the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled each of the apps, and nothing works.  I believe that the Windows phones are such a small segment of the market, that the fixes for the apps for this device are of little interest to the programmers - they are last on the list to be fixed.

I don't get an error code, because they never quit updating.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I personally do not have those apps installed but I have well over 15 and the only problems I've had with updates were do to a problem with the store.  Other than that all the apps (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Delta, Walgreens, Amazon Mobile, CNN, Evernote, etc) update flawlessly consistantly.

When you say "reset" do you mean reboot or did you do a hard reset, resetting the phone to factory defaults?  You may have to do a hard reset.

Pose the question on MS support site and see if anyone else has some insight, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8?tab=Threads

0 Likes