Re: Windows10 on Lumia 735- can't send MMS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

doloresk_vzw

They are referring to the Nokia Lumia Icon 929. Which was a Verizon Wireless exclusive phone. Nokia Lumia Icon Specifications - Microsoft - USA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DustinT12

@DeloresK_VZW Lumia Icon is also known as the Lumia 929. I'm using the default messaging app built into Windows Phone 8.1

0 Likes
vlatonasr2

Have had this problem a long time. Did everything suggested and recently changed the Sim. Even upgraded to win10. Very frustrating like the phone this mms service was working at one time. Why are you still selling this phone on prepaid if it can't be supported?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vlatonasr2, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem. We're here to support that device. Are you using the text messaging feature on the phone or did you download a 3rd party messaging application? What issues are you having with sending/receiving a text message?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREDRMZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow - just watching this thread unfold is painful.  Sad truth is Verizon tech's don't know windows phones.  I am having same issues - spoke with a  nice "upper tier" Verizon tech (took 5 days of escalations to get me to him)  Guy knew his stuff overall and pointed out to me that a recent upgrade that occurred in early June was the cause - I would agree since MMS have been toast since that date & same deal/timing of my wife's phone (she has same Lumia 735)

What he could NOT answer however is HOW this was pushed to my phone.  At 1st he said all WIndows updates come from MS, not Verizon and those updates INCLUDED FIRMWARE updated.  I challenged him on that - to me it looks like the OS updates come from MS, Firmware from Verizon.  We agreed that it really seemed like the latest FIRMWARE updgrade (ending in 03084) was the culprit, (not OS) - he could not however really tell me where it "came" from and eluded that MS may have pushed this to Verizon and then from Verizon to us.  But yea, pretty sure that's it.  I asked what to do - he said reset the phone - not my 1st choice but would do if needed.  My reply was "ESPECIALLY if this is FIRMWARE updated (i.e. not an option to CHOOSE the update or not) would not the same thing just happen again?  He couldn't answer and advised that since the issue is with the  phone, not my Verizon network/or setup there was nothing else he could do. Smiley Sad  Again, nice guy - and did know his stuff overall but............... this is the downsides of being the rare MS Win Phone user - the techs really are just guessing.

primortal
Master - Level 1

I had always thought that when Microsoft (or Apple and Google) releases an update to the OS or firmware that VZW puts it through it's paces and once they are satisfied with (aside from Apple) they give the green light for them (Microsoft/Google) to push the updates to the phones.

I can understand if the phone was unlocked but it's not, so personally to not take ownership that there is an issue and blame it on Microsoft is a cop out.  VZW should notify Microsoft of the issue and request that it be fixed ASAP.

I have an Icon with Windows 10 Mobile part of the insiders program on the preview lane and my wife has the 822 with stock OS.  I send images over MMS to her and we've haven't had any problems.

GREDRMZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said, downsides to being a WP user - the reality is we are few and far bewtween so the demand is not there to truly service us as clients.  Sad..... but true from my experiences at least: I found the same with Sprint - not only could their techs not trouble shoot anything but their "solution" was trying to convince me to buy an Andriod Phone!! 😛

Thanks for the reminder on WP INsider - I think I am  going to try the Preview Build again and see if I get lucky in that remedying this MMS sitch.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A slight detour...

Reports and documents are appearing online indicating that HP submitted the Elite X3 for CDMA certification and that a Verizon Wireless variant is in the works.

I doubt that it will post big sales figures, but, if it performs well and is reasonably priced, it could serve as a reminder to Verizon Wireless that there is something else besides iOS and Android out there.

It is also a safe bet that Microsoft and Alcatel will be keeping an eye on how things go with the first CDMA certified Windows phone to appear in several years.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREDRMZ,

I would have to agree with you here. I was a Windows Phone user for many years. I finally had to switch simply because they got to be difficult to troubleshoot to say the least. We are always here to help in any way we can. Let us know if you need anything.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GREDRMZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nicole,

Thanks and if that offer to help in any way you can is genuine then yes please, I would love to have clarity on the following:

1. What is the root cause here (i.e. the update that caused this issue to my phones back in June):
    1. Windows 10 Mobile version:   10.0.14393.1480
      OR…
      1. Firmware Version: 02171.00002.15194.03084

1. On the supposition that it was/is the Firmware:
    1. Was this  Firmware revision sent to me by Microsoft or by Verizon?

i.      If by Verizon, was it tested in advance?

1. Is there a fix in the works for this and/or an ETA as to when a new version of the Firmware will be released?

Very much would appreciate the clarity on the above, and assistance in any way you can as per prior threads I have hit a wall with your tech team.  Beit a lesser used phone/OS or not, the support should be there - especially when I had absolutely nothing to do with the update that caused this and now cannot group text.  Thanks so much in advance!