Yet another "When is 8.1 coming" thread
satkinsn

Sorry to add to the already dense pile of 'when will Verizon issue Cyan/8.1 for my XX phone' threads, but as the owner of a lowly 822, I'm curious if anyone from Verizon posts here, and can deliver something in the way of hard information. I'm not interested in developer previews or other hacks - I just want my phone updated, or to be told "Nope, sorry, not gonna do it."

Scott A.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yet another "When is 8.1 coming" thread
primortal
Master - Level 1

As you seen in the dense pile of "when will Verizon..." they have not and never will be hard information posted by VZW other then subscribe to their newsletter.

It far better to get VZW information outside of VZW like WPCenter or WMPowerUser.

0 Likes
whyohwhy14
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not "hard information" by any means, but when I was talking to rep at local store they said while no specific date had been announced Cyan was supposed to be rolling out in the next couple of weeks. I have been waiting on getting an Icon hoping they would roll it out for the past few months. Hopefully they are for real when saying it is coming in a couple weeks.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Since AT&T updated the 820 which is the same level as the 822 I would expect we would get the update IF the lazy staff at Verizon ever did their job.  As I don't think they will get off their lazy a$$es since they are paid the same if they do or don't who knows.

0 Likes