backup assistant
Slyders

My wife had to reactivate an old phone. Bad news is that the old phone is one of my old ones (different number but same account). I need to get her contacts. Can I get the backup assistant to just download and override my old contacts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: backup assistant
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your wife had her contacts backed up to Verizon under HER OWN number, then you should be able to retrieve them once the the phone is activated under her number.  Go to the Backup assistant on the phone, and it should detect a new device, and ask to restore contacts.

Have your wife log into her account on MyVerizon to ensure that her contacts are backed up and available on the Verizon site.

0 Likes
akgraham7

I am having the same problem... it keeps showing it is my phone number, but the contacts listed after it does the backup are my son's (I am using one of his old old basic phones). When I logged into here (Verizon wireless website) on my desktop computer, it has my number but his contacts. It seems that most, if not ALL, of MY contacts that I want are in the Trash .. along with some others that I had deleted from MY OLD phone (also a basic phone). How do I tell it to get MY old contacts??

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

See if you can restore the trash get the contacts in order online then run bua from the phone

0 Likes