can't get backup assistant to sync
fredtx

Attempted t reload my contacts from my phone using backup assistant plus but and get a "sorry there was a problem accessing back assistant plus. Please try again later"  After 6 attempts nothing!  Went to the myverizon website and attempted to sync the contacts.   Still no positive results.  Any suggestions?  And why the hell can't I download my contacts straight from my PC?  That's why I bought a Windows phone in the first place.  Easy data transfer.   Regretting in now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't get backup assistant to sync
twotigers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just realized that there was an update available to BAP, so I installed it and the sync worked on the first try.fredtx

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey fredtx, sorry to hear you are having so many issues with this! Here is a link to our Contact Transfer Wizard that will walk you through, step-by-step. http://vz.to/Y8WJlM

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
twotigers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just picked up the Nokia 928 and am having the same issue.  The link you provided is for a process prior to activation but my phone has already been activated.  I got the HTC M8 for my wife and her contacts imported without issue, but I only get the exact same error as above.  I then get a text message with a PIN but there is no place to enter that on the phone, and I tried accessing the VZW site from my phone and clicking the sync button, but that errors out as well.

What else can I try?

0 Likes
twotigers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just realized that there was an update available to BAP, so I installed it and the sync worked on the first try.fredtx

0 Likes
fredtx

Thanks guys, Took the phone to the Verizon Store (20 mile drive) and the agent said there was a version miss-match.  Sure would have been nice to get some kind of feed back from the applications.   Appreciate your responses.

Hating Window 8 in Texas

0 Likes