can't make calls
msdavinci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone suddenly will not make or receive calls.  Incoming - they go right to voicemail.  Outgoing - buzz buzz buzz call dropped.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't make calls
msdavinci
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading a zillion possible solutions, I went for the drastic one and did a factory reset. Made no difference.

Then I deleted SKYPE and the problem was solved.  I have HTC One for Windows and have had it for months. The problem started about a week ago when I heard the phone ring but no call showed up on history. It went right to voice mail. But I was still able to make calls out. And then It stopped making outbound calls.

Now I have re-installed Skype and everything seems to be fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Sounds like you need to contact support, Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

This is a peer-to-peer support community.  Only VZW bots respond here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can verify that the call forwarding isn't enabled. Dial *73 and listen for the tones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msdavinci,

Being able to use your phone is definitely important. I don't want you to miss any important calls. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Whjat phone model do you have? When did this start? Are you getting an error message when placing a call? Where are you located (city, state, and zip code)? Try powering the phone off/on and retest. Keep us posted if you are still having issues.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Milay59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to know where can I go for workshop?

0 Likes
Milay59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does the Verizon center in Cerritos offer workshop?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Put your zip code or city and state and see, Find a Store | Verizon Wireless Store Locator

Even better, Workshop Finder

Scratch that, if you have a Microsoft Store even better.  They will teach you a lot better then VZW

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations/find-a-store

0 Likes
msdavinci
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading a zillion possible solutions, I went for the drastic one and did a factory reset. Made no difference.

Then I deleted SKYPE and the problem was solved.  I have HTC One for Windows and have had it for months. The problem started about a week ago when I heard the phone ring but no call showed up on history. It went right to voice mail. But I was still able to make calls out. And then It stopped making outbound calls.

Now I have re-installed Skype and everything seems to be fine.

0 Likes
Serenity2469
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ya well i don't have skype. And i can't make or recieve calls. Like the original post said. Incoming go straight to voicemail ans when i try to make a call it rarely even goes through, when it does every 10th time or so, it drops the call (soon after timer starts indicating call has been connected) . This has been going on for 4 days now and im getting extremely angry. Ive talked to technical support who i was on the phone with for over an hour, she told me to turn my phone off for 5 mins then turn it back on wait for her to call me back. Well she called me back and as soon as i answered it ,bam, call ended. So this too, fixed nothing. Im about ready to switch to another company and ive been using verizon for 25 years...its ********!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes