Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
can't send text messages all of a sudden
tiney07

I went out of town and left my phone at home on the charger for 2 days. When I got back home from my trip, I tried to send a text message and it keep saying "can't send."  Then also, I called my mom and she said that she almost didn't answer because "Private Caller" came up on caller ID rather than my phone number. What do I do???

Thanks for the help.

Christine Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't send text messages all of a sudden
ad77

Not sure where you are, but there seems to be a problem in SC and VA (at least.)  I'm in SC and couldn't call or text other Verizon cells (in VA and SC,) when I called my mom's land line, it said I was blocked because her number doesn't accept private calls.  Called my mom-in-law's land line and got through, but she said the caller ID said "private number." 

0 Likes
heygert

no one can text!!!! What is going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's odd.  Let's get to the bottom of this tiney07!  Are you able to receive text?  Is your Mom's phone the only device your number is displaying "Private Caller"?  Try dialing *228 send, choose option 2, removing the battery and retest.  If unsuccessful, please send me a DM with your name, mobile number and zip code.  Thank you. 

TominqueB_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes