connectivity issue
chaffman1

I'm new to smart phone technology. I purchased the Lumia 928. When my lock screen is on or when I'm online, both the LTE and the wi-fi icon show at the top of the screen. There are also times when just the LTE icon shows. I haven't left the range of my home Wi-Fi since getting my phone. My settings say I am connected to my home wi-fi but a very small amount of data usage shows up when I check #DATA. Is this normal? I thought if I was connected to wi-fi, I wouldn't be charged data usage. Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: connectivity issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Chaffman1

Congrats on your recent purchase! I love the Lumia 928 and would be happ to help. The device may show both icons. If the Wifi isn't displayed. It may be the device can't see the Wifi connection. When using your home Wifi please change the data connection and retest. To do this go to Setting>Cellular> data connection> off. Are you still seeing data usage? How much data is being used when dialing #Data?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Chaffman1

Congrats on your recent purchase! I love the Lumia 928 and would be happ to help. The device may show both icons. If the Wifi isn't displayed. It may be the device can't see the Wifi connection. When using your home Wifi please change the data connection and retest. To do this go to Setting>Cellular> data connection> off. Are you still seeing data usage? How much data is being used when dialing #Data?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chaffman1

Thank you. I have zero usage at home. When I need to use my data away from home, I turn the data connection on. This will help me a lot with my shared data plan.

0 Likes