Re: data
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

When I did the research, there were iPhone and Droids experiencing this issue too, but it seems like months or a year ago... And a hard reset fixed there problems, but I have read numerous HTC Trophy users that have had to hard reset there phones now 4+ times and the problem still exists... 

So there's a problem with the coding on Verizon's side and that's why they have there own Software Update that they are going to release.

Now, this problem has also happen to AT&T users too... So it's a network issue but it seems like it happens to AT&T users when traveling.  And only a small hand full.

I went on a road trip through 4 states and that's when my Data/Network issue started happening...  Smiley Sad

This update is needed and I hope Verizon releases it soon cause I missed a bunch of important calls... One being a family member was in a nasty car accident and was in the hospital on life support!!!  Talk about a shocker there!!!

VERIZON RELEASE THE TROPHY UPDATE NOW!!!

TheJester77

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If VZW releases the update now and it bricks the phone because they were holding back due to issues with the update, you will forgive them right???

Tidbits
Legend

Or if it causes data drops or dropped calls would you forgive them as well...

thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

I always backup my phone first... so god for bid something happens, I can restore back and not lose a thing... Smiley Happy

And don't get caught up in all the hype that these updates are hard for the carriers to deal with.  There not, but can be tricky when you manually do them if you don't install them in the right sequence.

These updates are not rocket science at all...

Only because each carrier has different networks, they have to test first.  But because Verizon doesn't care about Windows Phone 7, they don't have alot of techies behind the scenes using the phone, hence testing and sending authorization back to Microsoft takes forever. 

But it's still Microsoft who pushes the updates to our phone, not Verizon.  So I just want Verizon to prioritize the testing so they can give it back to Microsoft to push to all of us... Smiley Happy

Honestly, all the updates I've manually installed have worked with no problem.  These are the same Updates that they send to each Manufacture, OEM, and Carrier.  The only difference on the Mango release on Verizon was the Verizon Theme Color... That's all, so why did it take so long... hmm...  And maybe the switching around of the HTC Attentive Ringing now embedded into the settings vs it being a standalone app.  But HTC gave that back to Microsoft after they tested Mango, so once again it was Verizon that delayed... Smiley Sad

It's like all the windows updates for your computer, the update doesn't care if your computer is a Sony, Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, etc. Only if your computer is 32bit or 64bit, and Windows detects the difference and we don't have to worry about that with our phones. 

Now the only changes in the future regarding updates will be for dual core processors. But Microsoft is going to release two seperate updates when that time comes, update1 for single cores and update2 for dual cores. But the OS here is extremely smart and easy for Microsoft to program our phones... Smiley Happy

The updates for Windows Phone 7 right now are not different, besides carriers dealing with other languages for foreign markets.

TheJester77

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Honestly/Legally...

If Verizon was to pull up my phone records and see all the problems I have had with there service in the last year, I think that should be enough to legally break my contract and not be held financially for early termination.

I use to have T-Mobile for business, and they swore up and down that they had coverage in Mexico... I even called T-Mobile up before my business trips to Mexico to make sure that I was covered in there computer systems for Mexico because I heard all the horror stories.

Sure enough, I went to Mexico on a business trip and had no coverage... Even after I physically called them and had the tech support swore that they added that coverage to my phone/account... I ALWAYS TELL THE TECH SUPPORT TO PUT A NOTE ON MY ACCOUNT REGARDING EVERYTHING WE DISCUSS DURNING A CALL...

I had no coverage and when I came back to the states I terminated my contract because T-Mobile didn't provide me the coverage/service that I pay for.

NO DIFFERENCE HERE WITH VERIZON!!!

I pay Verizon enough money to make sure that I receive my calls for business/personal, and pay the cost for my text messages as well...  To miss business calls and yet alone a call from family telling me a relative was in a car accident and is in the hospital is unacceptable. 

Hard reset your phone and everything will be just fine...  UNACCEPTABLE!!!

So if this update does not fix the network/data/service problems... You can guarantee that I am going to terminate my contract early with Verizon... And I have no problem legally going after them if they try and force me to an early termination of contract...

We all pay for working service and should recieve it... If you can't provide your customers with the service they pay for, you can't hold them to a contract that your supposed to be providing them with... That's business 101 and it doesn't matter if your a business account or a personal account!!!

Contracts are 2 way...  Regardless of all the legal bumbo jumbo...  Breaking your contract early because you want to go somewhere else is one thing, but breaking it because they are not providing you the service you pay for is another...

TheJester77

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually you don't pay Verizon for updates.

That contract you signed for your device is for Verizon to recoup the cost of the subsidization for the device which you chose to have.  It's like a loan you don't own the car until after you pay off that loan right?

This is one of the reasons why I hate subsidization for devices, and contracts... If people ended up buying their devices outright there would be a whole different mentality.  Manufacturers are actually getting off easy with the way things are right now.  People will always point the finger at carriers...

Let's say... You bought an Xbox 360 from Game Stop and Game Stop decided to subsidize it and give it to you for free, but you have to sign a contract to buy their magazines for 5 years would you complain to Game Stop if something breaks on your Xbox 360 or an update didn't come to your Xbox 360 to fix a bug?

Any who... Honestly if you want things done right...  Give it time... software can't be fixed overnight at times, and testing is a GOOD thing when it comes to software...  Personally I rarely buy anything until I see and hear reports.  I wait for the fixes or updates to come out before I purchase a device.  I buy them outright too...  I don't like contracts as you can tell...

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

The update has nothing to do with my service issues with Verizon for the last year.  I'm giving Verizon till the update is released and installed to see if my service gets any better.

My problems have existed for over a year and with 2 different phones...  So what I was talking about was my service/coverage.  The update is just the final excuse I'm giving Verizon before I terminate my contract.

Like I said before, Verizon can look up my account and see that the coverage I have been paying for hasn't been the greatest.  Dropped calls, no coverage, loss of data/text/voicemails, etc.

I understand what your saying, but my business situation is about coverage/service and not about a 2 year contract because I upgraded a phone, which one was a free upgrade and the other I paid $99.

All and all it's about the service that I'm paying for and that's the contract Verizon would like to hold me too, just like that's the contract that I'm holding them too.  That's all...  But I have faith that the update is the magical fix that so many of us are waiting for, and If it works... I'm happy for now.

I love my HTC Trophy and just want the service/coverage that my company is paying for.  Now if Verizon will just get off there high Droid horse and acquire some higher-end Windows Phone 7 devices... I and many other Windows Phone 7 users will be happy and happy upgrading another 2 year contract for a better phone.

Good news just came out today that states that AT&T only has a 90 day exclusivity and us Verizon customers might get lucky and get a Nokia 900 with a 12 meg camera... Maybe... Smiley Happy

We can only hope...

TheJester77

0 Likes