error code at marketplace
bobbyinpa

I am trying to get this error code fixed.  I get the error code C101c401 every time I try to purchase some app from the mmarketplace.  My CC entered on the phone and on Zune is correct.  I went to windows live and followed the instructions and the CC information is correct and listed as good.  I followed the KB article from MS and went to ZUNE online and entered my account and my account billing and double checked my info and all is correct.  I am unable to purchase from the marketplace. This is the only problem I have with the Trophy, otherwise I think MS is finally starting to get things right.  Any assistance will be gratefully accepted and thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: error code at marketplace
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I would suggest contacting @WinPhoneSupport on twitter.  I think there's a Windows Phone Support on facebook as well.  The ones on Twitter I have seen be pretty responsive.

0 Likes
Not applicable

bobbyinpa wrote:

I am trying to get this error code fixed.  I get the error code C101c401 every time I try to purchase some app from the mmarketplace.  My CC entered on the phone and on Zune is correct.  I went to windows live and followed the instructions and the CC information is correct and listed as good.  I followed the KB article from MS and went to ZUNE online and entered my account and my account billing and double checked my info and all is correct.  I am unable to purchase from the marketplace. This is the only problem I have with the Trophy, otherwise I think MS is finally starting to get things right.  Any assistance will be gratefully accepted and thanks in advance.

Good morning!

Has this issue been addressed for you? I appreciate the suggestion to reach out to WIndows Phone support, as they would likely be the best ones to solve this issue. I researched my internal resources and found no related concerns from other users. Please PM directly if this continues to be an issue and I will resolve this for you.

Thank you!

0 Likes
wytedevl

I had an issue with Zune marketplace when I first started playing with it and had to use these steps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929642 to repair DRM. Another fix I googled but haven't tried since the first one was fixed http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/error-c101c401-in-marketplace/c8cdb8fb-e3... states that the person fixed it by renaming the billing account and has instructions there.

0 Likes