help with the keyboard txt features
brookeanne07

I have a hard time  typing a whole txt or web address, anything, ect...without making a mistake, for say I meant to write......  facebook.com but instead i typed fcbook.ocm i just want to be able to place my "letter cursor" right between the necessary letters to change them out but instead the whole word gets highlighted for copy/paste otherwise the cursor just goes to the beginning of the word. I headrd one time to double tap between the letter, but just highlights for copies, then unselects the hightlight the word for copy. does anyone know how to change settings or  trick for this?!

also sorry kinda new to this phone, but as far as having internet explorer be my browser, i want yahoo desktop version for homepage, i click on internet explorer typically goes to previous website or white screen. it doesn't seem like I am using internet explorer. I read the instruction on setting, internet settings, ect but under the ...more under settings doesn't say anything about home page or browser.

Then last ?

for email setting i have yahoo! and gmail and live, but i absolutely hate that the imagines dont download right away without a click,, any suggestions,

thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help with the keyboard txt features
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brookanne07,  We want you to love every aspect of your new device! Let's speed up that correction time!  Typically, you should be able to tap and hold anywhere in the text area. A cursor beam will appear and you can move it to the location you want.
I took a look at the options for Internet Explorer and a great solution would be to go to the page you would like to set as your homepage and choose the option to pin it to your homepage. At this point you would use that icon to consistently open your browser and work from there. It does not appear email images can be set to auto-download. This could be a design for security purposes as well as data conservation. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here! Please let me know if I can provide any additional support!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
stodgers

Brookeanne07,

You may be having the same problem I am having: the phone freezes while you type and misses letters or entire words. This is a major bug in the Lumia 822.

Stodgers

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stodgers,

Sounds like your device needs to warm up with this freezing that's going on. Does this happen within a particular application? Are you running the latest software on the device? Take a peek at what software you're running, heres how: Settings > About > More info. The current software for the device should be as follows: 1532.5951.1250.1012.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stodgers

Yes, I am using the current software. And this happens with messaging, email and other features as well. Maybe you should read my other thread on the insane number of issues with my 822 that Verizon is ignoring.

0 Likes