Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
how can i get my contacts transferred to my windows phone
albertabrewer

how can i get my contacts transferred to my windows phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can i get my contacts transferred to my windows phone
primortal

Where are your contacts now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there albertabrewer,

I am excited to hear that you got one of our brand new windows phones!  I hope you are enjoying it so far.  Transferring contacts is extremely easy.  Visit http://vz.to/sSIx1Z to utilize our contact transfer tool for step by step instructions.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
treborr

Same issue, however the new phone is already activated.

Before activating the new phone I only recall the instructions to make the back-up. I assumed that there would be some way to export the backup into a usable form.

Can I reactivate the old phone, do the transfer, then reactivate the new one?

0 Likes
moose9703

here is the easiest way to do it.. if you are moving from a android or an iphone (maybe blackberry) to a nokia windows phone that just go to the nokia market store and download the app to transfer my contacts.. should be pretty self explanatory.. i did it for my ex, she had a sprint evo and got a nokia lumia 920.  very simple and quick.

0 Likes
beauzero

Options...

1. If you are using Verizon's Backup Assistant they will sync it for you in the store.
  2. They have a tool in the store to plug the phones in that can transfer most contacts from one phone to the Lumia 928...even if the phone is now deactivated.  Take your old phone back into the store and ask them to transfer your contacts.
  3. If you are like most people and you have your contact information stored in Hotmail/Outlook.com, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. when you download the apps and add your authentication for them to the phone Windows phone automagically pulls in the contact information.  It works very very well. 
0 Likes