how do I return my second user phone
Kirst68

I added a user on my plan and bought a device, approx a month ago. The phone is not "user friendly" with him. He has tried to get it fixed at a store, but, the customer service reps keep giving him the run around. Things have become so frustrating, he just wants to return it. How do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I return my second user phone
Snn5
Legend

After 14 days a device cannot be returned.  You can buy a more user-friendly phone and sell the current phone, or we might be able to help out if you tell us the problems they are having using the device.  Is it a malfunction or just an issue using and understanding the phone?  What phone did they have previously that they liked?

0 Likes
Kirst68

Ok. Thank you. He will bring it into a store and get a more user friendly device. It was my fault, I thought it was 30 days he could return it. When he turns the device in for a more user friendly phone, can my account be credited/charged for the exchange?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Devices cannot be returned after 14 days. 

You would have to buy a phone full price and then try to sell the current device.  Another idea is that if this device is on a device payment plan, they could pay off that device and trade it in towards another device.  But, as it stands, you cannot simply take the device back for credit.

0 Likes
Kirst68

Why can't I receive exchange credit /charge? I will be paying for the second device and the plan I choose to go with it. Isn't this part of customer satisfaction guarantee?

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The terms of any device are such that within the 14 days of purchasing a customer may return that device and pay the restocking fee and exchange 1 time. After 14 days, the device is non-returnable.  Wireless devices are not held to the same return policies as you might find at department stores and such places. 

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - Verizon WirelessTT

Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).

This return and exchange policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepaid Plan.

Exchange New Merchandise

You are permitted to make one exchange. To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like–new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes