how do i change the number of rings before voice mail picks up
fccdoc

My phone is ringing about 7 or 8 times before the voice mail answers.  I need to reduce the number of rings.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i change the number of rings before voice mail picks up
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The system sets it at 30 seconds, with the number of rings varying.  Sometimes changing the ringtone helps.  You also could call Customer Service and see if they'll reset your voice mail (although you would likely lose any saved messages); that might help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The system sets it at 30 seconds, with the number of rings varying.  Sometimes changing the ringtone helps.  You also could call Customer Service and see if they'll reset your voice mail (although you would likely lose any saved messages); that might help.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The time before voicemail kicks in is set at Verizon at 30 seconds.  How many "rings" that is depends entirely on the ringtone you have set up; in my case I have a song clip that plays continuously. so there are no"rings" per se, just music.

There is no way to adjust this - some folks feel it's too short a time and they can't get to the phone before VM picks up.  You feel it's too much time.  Ideally, we could each adjust the time to suit our needs, but that's not an option and Verizon has chosen 30 seconds as the timeframe.

Thinking with my fingertips as I type....wondering if a service like Google Voicemail or You Mail allows variable time before picking up???

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ninjas running loose this morning