how to sync appts from phone to Exchange/Outlook
SW2011

With the HTC Trophy and Windows 7, the calendar syncs from Exchange Outlook to my phone just fine.  If I enter an appt on my phone, how do you get it to sync with Exchange and appear on my Outlook calendar?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to sync appts from phone to Exchange/Outlook
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Have you added your exchange account to the phone?  I don't remember now if this is a Mango feature or if it was there before (I'm running the Mango dev build), but if you go Settings, Accounts, Add an Account, click Outlook (which is for Exchange and Office 365).  I don't have Exchange, so I can't take you any farther than that.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1
It should immediately sync to exchange (hotmail, google calander, etc.) if you have a data connection
you don't need to manually sync on the phone, perhaps your exchagne account needs to f9 refresh (outlook 2010) or whatever.
On the phone you could force a sync in settings... email+account... tap/hold over the account.... refresh

SW2011 wrote:

With the HTC Trophy and Windows 7, the calendar syncs from Exchange Outlook to my phone just fine.  If I enter an appt on my phone, how do you get it to sync with Exchange and appear on my Outlook calendar?

0 Likes
SW2011

Hi - I have exchange acct added to my phone.  I tried the sync and the appt that I added on my phone, does not show up on my outlook calendar. I can add new appt to Outlook and they show up on the phone so it's a1-way sync. Thanks.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

SW2011 wrote:

Hi - I have exchange acct added to my phone.  I tried the sync and the appt that I added on my phone, does not show up on my outlook calendar. I can add new appt to Outlook and they show up on the phone so it's a1-way sync. Thanks.

No, it's full 2-way instant sync. You might be saving it to the wrong calendar on the phone. WP7 supports multiple calendars FYI.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

That's my guess - saved to wrong calendar.

0 Likes