i bought htc 8x verizon employee edition and when i update it and during installation with my error phone get off and now phone stuck on some wheel running thing and wont get on please tell me if i could download the rom
mnomi

i bought htc 8x verizon employee edition and when i update it and during installation with my error phone get off and now phone stuck on some wheel running thing and wont get on please tell me if i could download the rom or anything also

i bought htc 8x verizon employee edition and when i update it and during installation with my error phone get off and now phone stuck on some wheel running thing and wont get on please tell me if i could download the rom
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i bought htc 8x verizon employee edition and when i update it and during installation with my error phone get off and now phone stuck on some wheel running thing and wont get on please tell me if i could download the rom
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mnomi! Sorry to learn of the trouble you're running into with your new phone! Have you already switched the device via your My Verizon : http://vz.to/16lkVUY Once you have done this, and verify the sim card is inserted securely, the activation will begin. If the phone is stuck on the wheel and you cannot move forward, you may want to do an alternative reset. Please follow the below instructions:

1) Ensure the device is powered off.

2) Press and hold the Volume Down button (located on the right edge) until instructed to release in step 4.

3) Press and hold the Power button (located on the top-right edge) until the device vibrates (approximately 2 seconds) then release.

4) When the restore screen appears (exclamation mark), release the Volume Down button.

5) From the restore screen, press then release the following keys to initiate the reset process:
1. Volume Up button

2. Volume Down button

3. Power button

4. Volume Down button

*Allow several minutes for the process to complete (rotating gears appear on the display to indicate that the reset is in progress).

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. Keep us posted if this resolves your concerns. Thanks!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i bought htc 8x verizon employee edition and when i update it and during installation with my error phone get off and now phone stuck on some wheel running thing and wont get on please tell me if i could download the rom
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mnomi! Sorry to learn of the trouble you're running into with your new phone! Have you already switched the device via your My Verizon : http://vz.to/16lkVUY Once you have done this, and verify the sim card is inserted securely, the activation will begin. If the phone is stuck on the wheel and you cannot move forward, you may want to do an alternative reset. Please follow the below instructions:

1) Ensure the device is powered off.

2) Press and hold the Volume Down button (located on the right edge) until instructed to release in step 4.

3) Press and hold the Power button (located on the top-right edge) until the device vibrates (approximately 2 seconds) then release.

4) When the restore screen appears (exclamation mark), release the Volume Down button.

5) From the restore screen, press then release the following keys to initiate the reset process:
1. Volume Up button

2. Volume Down button

3. Power button

4. Volume Down button

*Allow several minutes for the process to complete (rotating gears appear on the display to indicate that the reset is in progress).

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. Keep us posted if this resolves your concerns. Thanks!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
mnomi

Dear. set go off after apply step 2..there is no restore screen come

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 2:55 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mnomi,

I want to be sure this gets working for you. Just to clarify, do you go past step 2? You mentioned something goes off. What is it that goes off? The screen? Does the phone shut down?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mnomi

yes i put the phone off

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see you've done some solid troubleshooting, mnomi. I want to help in any way I can. I noticed that you've purchased the employee edition of this model. I presume that means you're not an employee, so that suggests you've purchased it from a third party rather than as a new upgrade through our retail channels. I must recommend contacting the seller to request assistance with your device, as the behavior you've described here indicates a problem with the device itself rather than the steps you've taken to try to get it working. Thanks, and good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes