internet sharing premium service?
msdavinci
Enthusiast - Level 2

So does verizon CHARGE for internet sharing? I don't find this info listed and I'm on the west coast so customer service / chat is down already.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: internet sharing premium service?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you mean hotspot service? If you have a certain plan(can't remember which one) it's included. I pay $20-something dollars for it with my unlimited data plan (I think it's $30 before my discount).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Msdavinci,

We can always help! Internet sharing on an iPhone would be your mobile hotspot feature. Depending your plan it may be an additional charge to use this feature. What plan are you on? How are you accessing the internet sharing feature on your device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
msdavinci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

I have an HTC One M8 for Windows with internet sharing ability, much like my previous HTC Radar phone with T-Mobile. but when I try to turn on Internet sharing, I get a message saying internet-sharing is not allowed. That makes no sense to me. Why should this be a premium service?

I have a single-line plan with Verizon.

Barbara Jean Walsh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msdavinci

Thanks for the details! Some of our old plans and new promotional plans do not include the value of Mobile Hotspot. It would depend on the specific plan you have in place! Can you check the name for me please? You can do this by signing in to My Verizon, scroll down to the My Usage section, and find the blue link above "Change Plan" with the name of your current plan. What do you see there?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
msdavinci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have "Unlimited Talk and Text 2G"

0 Likes