Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,093 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
is there a fix to stop my windows phone lumia 735 from restarting all by itself?
dangarriott1965

Hi, my Windows Phone keeps restarting all by itself. Is there a fix for this? I see some listed on Google, but I am scared to download most things I find there, as they are not verified safe. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is there a fix to stop my windows phone lumia 735 from restarting all by itself?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us about this, dangarriott1965. Usually a simple software update can fix the issue with the device restarting but many factors can come into play. Damage to the device, any third party applications, charging use, etc... We do recommend updating to the newest software available if you have not done so already. 

EdgarT_VZW

0 Likes
Re: is there a fix to stop my windows phone lumia 735 from restarting all by itself?
dangarriott1965

Hi and thank you very much for getting back to me on about the restarting problem.

I have one other question that hopefully you can help me with? When I originally bought my Lumia 735, it had Windows 8 or 8.1 whichever I honestly can't remember anymore! Anyway, I read that you can do a hard reset on these phones and it will bring it back to factory settings. Is that true? And secondly, will lose all of my current apps and photos? It seemed to work better with Windows 8 than it does now and there are tons of apps that are not supported on Windows 10. Thank you very much

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dangarriott,

It's important to know what a factory reset will do when it's performed on your phone. I can shed some light on this topic for you. If you perform a factory reset, your phone will go back to default settings. This means your device will go back to its original set up like when you first activated it. I do suggest to back up your information first before the reset is done or else everything will be erased. I suggest using Verizon Cloud to back up your device's content. Here's more information https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-cloud-02... Does this help?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dangarriott1965

Yes, thank you very much! That cleared it up for me. I will definitely back everything up and then proceed with the reset. Many thanks again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is always our pleasure, we were so glad to help. Thanks for being the best part of Verizon. Please let us know if we can assist further.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes