lumia 735 activation
marnell

I have a replacement phone I want to activate... do I need to remove the sim card and put in the new phone before I activate new phone/deactivate current phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lumia 735 activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marnell, we are glad to see that you have a replacement phone to activate. You've come to the right place for assistance. Since the activation process varies based on the type of phone, can you confirm the make and model of your replacement phone? For your convenience, I have also included our resource for device activation here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/activate-switch-or-bring-your-own-device-faqs/ Let us know if this helps.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marnell

both phones are Nokia Lumia 735...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card from the old phone will fit in the new phone. However the new Lumia 735 might not be able to be activated on the Verizon Wireless network anymore. If the phone isn't capable of HD Voice, then it can't be activated as of July 2018.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marnell, ensuring you are able to successfully activate your replacement device is a must, and I am happy to help! I appreciate this information in regard to your device's make and model as well. Where did you receive this replacement from? Was this purchase by a 3rd party provider or directly with Verizon Wireless? As Ann154 stated, certain CDMA devices may not be compatible, but the good news is that this particular device is still eligible to activate. It would be recommended to get a brand new SIM card which is free of charge to ensure there are no issues with the activation. You may have one ordered by an agent or by going to your local Verizon store location. Please click on the following link for our store locator here: http://spr.ly/6583D4AjJ. Does this help?

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes