mango update borked 3g?
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

i just got the mango update today, switched from my iphone to the trophy but now i have no 3g connection. i've rebooted, pulled the battery ... nothing works so far .. maybe it will take a while?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: mango update borked 3g?
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

i had to reset my phone to get 3g back .. not the ideal solution but it worked!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

i had to reset my phone to get 3g back .. not the ideal solution but it worked!!

0 Likes
rolexdpracer

Cool, I had the same problem when I got the Mango update too. I'll give it a shot.

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

according to wpcentral, the htc connection app is the cause, if you are going to update uninstall this first.

they also have instructions on how to force the upgrade, and yes it does work

and a personal thank you to verizon for the amount of time you just wasted for me by not testing

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol, i agree .... i tried everything i could imagine .. so i gambled and took a shot on resetting ... though i must say a few things showed up that weren't there until i DID reset .. so it all worked out in the end :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SquidMaster52

So I just updated to Mango and now my 3g isn't working how did you guys fix other then resetting?

0 Likes
a1afun

Ran into the same problem.

1.  Went to Verizon Wireless store only to be told they pulled all the techs out of the store.

2.  Was given a phone to call customer service.  They were useless.  They don't know Windows phone for squat.

3. Finally found the culprit in this email thread.  I believe this app came with the freakin phone.  It sure would have been nice to see that Verizon had tested this!  What the freak? Wonder if they will give a service credit on their outragous bill?

4.  Unistalled the HTC Connection App and problem still exists.

5. Will go reset back to 7.0 to get 3g back tomorrow.  Please pray for me. 

THIS IS SO UNSAT!!!!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

a1afun wrote:

Ran into the same problem.

1.  Went to Verizon Wireless store only to be told they pulled all the techs out of the store.

2.  Was given a phone to call customer service.  They were useless.  They don't know Windows phone for squat.

3. Finally found the culprit in this email thread.  I believe this app came with the freakin phone.  It sure would have been nice to see that Verizon had tested this!  What the freak? Wonder if they will give a service credit on their outragous bill?

4.  Unistalled the HTC Connection App and problem still exists.

5. Will go reset back to 7.0 to get 3g back tomorrow.  Please pray for me. 

THIS IS SO UNSAT!!!!

Agreed (UNSAT).

You have to restore to your backup, THEN uninstall HTC Connection App.  Then you will be able to update and have the 3G work properly. 

0 Likes