mango update
neodave9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sooo... I can't force the update, and it's not getting past 7392.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: mango update
neodave9
Enthusiast - Level 2

started working without the force... thanks for the feedback!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

had the same problem, following the directions at wpcentral will work though, i had to switch to my laptop and use the wireless button, pulling the cable took too long

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

just found this a few questions down...

Contributor
ErickPrime

Quick update: It's now updating to Mango. One small tip, and it made it so I got it on the first crack. I had to do the Zune trick. But, before plugging it into your computer. Put the phone in Airplane mode!

0 Likes
neodave9
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah... been reading this too... none of it is working for me... 

when i disconnect the internet when i go to the update page, when do i reconnect the internet?  Perhaps I'm not doing that part right.

0 Likes
neodave9
Enthusiast - Level 2

started working without the force... thanks for the feedback!

0 Likes
Sportflier

I'm having this problem... I did the update last night and Zune says the update was successful, but the OS on the phone hasn't changed and it isn't Mango; what I have is 7.0.7392 after the update finished.  I can't figure out from this thread how you guys solved this problem, can someone explain it to me?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Bing "force mango"and you'll find a hundred links to tell you.

0 Likes
hacksaw

I had no problem updating but since update I cannot edit existing xls documents or delete them.  I can edit new docs but not delete them. whats up with this?

0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

hacksaw wrote:

I had no problem updating but since update I cannot edit existing xls documents or delete them.  I can edit new docs but not delete them. whats up with this?

I believe with Mango you can no longer edit Office documents saved in versions prior to Office 2007. To edit a doc, it has to be saved in Office 07 or Office 10.

As far as deleting a document, I'm not sure why there would be any restrictions on deleting anything. Are you syncing your docs with SkyDrive?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

chudster94 wrote:

hacksaw wrote:

I believe with Mango you can no longer edit Office documents saved in versions prior to Office 2007. To edit a doc, it has to be saved in Office 07 or Office 10.

As far as deleting a document, I'm not sure why there would be any restrictions on deleting anything. Are you syncing your docs with SkyDrive?

Correct.  Mango will no longer support editing Office 2003 (or older) documents.  They must be in docx or xlsx format.  As far as deleting, I have only deleted one document, but if I remember right, I had to go into live.com to delete it from live. 

0 Likes