messages deleted from inbox after using reply or forward
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed my emails are being moved to deleted items when I forward them or reply to them.

is this default behavior or did my mother in law break my phone when i let her play with it?

Is there a way to change the behavior so it doen't do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: messages deleted from inbox after using reply or forward
Not applicable

What kind of email account are you using - business or personal (i.e. gmail, yahoo, aol)?  Are you using outlook and if so is the setting in outlook to leave messages on the server checked?  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

What kind of email account are you using - business or personal (i.e. gmail, yahoo, aol)?  Are you using outlook and if so is the setting in outlook to leave messages on the server checked?  Thank you.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I have gmail, and I have my Outlook set up with it as a POP account (instead of IMAP).  They only supported POP when I started my gmail account and I have not had the time to go through and set it up as I would if it had been IMAP from the start.  Given that, when I get mail to my phone, it disappears if my desktop then downloads it.  This is because the desktop downloading it removes it from the new mail folder (or whatever they call that first page you see on gmail). 

If your situation is similar, you can find it in the All Mail folder, from the Application Bar at the bottom.

0 Likes