my volume control only has headset volume, no headset plugged in, how can I get back to internal speakers?
AlanLHull
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried all setting and rebooted phone several times. I have no sound except on speaker jack or on phone calls. When I try to adjust volume it only says headphone volume. What happened to my internal speakers? They do work on speaker phone. I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet. I don't get it. Tried shutting Bluetooth off in case it was connected, no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my volume control only has headset volume, no headset plugged in, how can I get back to internal speakers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlanLHull,

Sounds like you have been pretty diligent in your troubleshooting efforts. When did this first start? Do you see an icon for a headset at all?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: my volume control only has headset volume, no headset plugged in, how can I get back to internal speakers?
AlanLHull
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can turn up headphones volume to 30/30, and when I plug in headphones they will work. The option of turning up speakers no longer is there. The built in speakers work on speakerphone with a 10/10 top volume. None of the apps that play music, YouTube, or turn by turn voice guidance work.

I have reset phone several times and even when freshly reset, no volume for speakers.

I have an IPhone 6 being delivered today, so I will be taking this phone apart to see if it is a problem in earphone jack.

Thanks, I will let you know if I find a problem with the jack, I did try blowing any contaminants out with compressed air, didn't work.

My only beef with using my upgrade was the promo that came out for free upgrade from 64 to 128 mg memory was not mentioned, I would have waited one more day for a new phone for twice the memory!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlanLHull,

It does sound like there is something not allowing the switch to close or open properly. I've had luck in the past plugging in the headset and twisting while pulling out, does not always work though. I'm glad you were able to get a new phone. Let me know if you need anything else.
DerekRR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChristopherChell

My Nokia928 started doing this today. What is the solution??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ChristopherChell

It’s important that your Nokia 928 device audio is working properly again. I would love to help.

Let’s check to see if the phone is stuck in headset mode by going to Settings > Audio, and if the equalizer screen is active and allows you to change the presets then the phone is stuck in headset mode. If so, try inserting and removing a headset device to see if this clears the issue. Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes