no 4G and random shutoffs
wilwest21

my phone has been getting no 4G and shows 3G with a triangle. also it has been shutting off often and randomly. I think it has something to do with the latest update? I have reset my phone already and still does it. Help?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no 4G and random shutoffs
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I would again recheck all of those settings and if necessary do a backup of the phone minus the apps and then a Hard Reset.   HTC 8X hard reset

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you gone back through to assure network settings were correct and that any roaming settings were correct?

0 Likes
wilwest21

I assumed they were correct since I factory reset it.... looking now everything seems the same as before. I have never changed these settings. Roaming is off, Data connection on, SIm in Global mode, so everything looks good.

0 Likes
wilwest21

just today in a few hours my phone has shut off 6 times. the 3G happened once

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What about any new apps or processes that are running wild?  I'd suggest safe mode, but I don not think your phone has that feature.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I would again recheck all of those settings and if necessary do a backup of the phone minus the apps and then a Hard Reset.   HTC 8X hard reset

0 Likes
zort1

I had this problem with my HTC 8x also and I finally found a fix that worked.

Remove the SIM card and put a piece of scotch tape on the back of the SIM card. (The side without the connectors). Reinsert the SIM card.  I only needed one piece of tape, you might need two or more.

The issue is that the SIM card can move away from the contacts of the phone. The phone thinks the SIM card has been removed and shuts down.

My 8x has not shut down since I did this several months ago.

0 Likes