non-working camera
yankeeboy7

Hi,

Brand new, 2-hr old Nokia Lumia 822 - and the camera doesnt work...whether I press side button, launch camera app as soon as I open, it goes right back to the screen I was on before I pressed the button.  Any ideas?  It was hard enough to find I'd hate to go back to the store...everything takes so long there. Is there anywhere I can see the processes and see if it is operational?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: non-working camera
primortal
Master - Level 1

Did you try a reboot and see if that fixes it?

There isn't anything native that lets you see what process are running.

0 Likes
yankeeboy7

i did a hard reset - same thing.  arrrrgh

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

hard reset, same thing without installing any apps?  Take it back - you got a lemon.

0 Likes
pathfinder1

hopmedic is right. I had the very same situation when I purchased my 822 last week. I took it back to Best Buy, they ran it thru all the possible tests and it ended up a lemon. The issued me a new phone. See if you can salvage all your settings when they give you your new phone. They guy I worked with didn't know how to transfer them.

hopmedic...BTW awesome explanation of yours how the 822 manages apps on the How to Close apps Post. Thanks Pathfinder1

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Sure - but just to be clear, when I say hard reset, since not everyone is on the same page with that term, I will spell it out.  Get all the data that you can out of your apps.  You won't be able to save game progress (angry birds, etc).  Contacts will sync to the cloud.  Then go into settings, about, reset phone, and confirm twice.  Phone will be as it was out of the box.  That is a hard reset.  Almost invariably, they will require a hard reset before replacing a phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the camera is giving you trouble, yankeeboy7!

The hard reset was a great step. If the device is still causing concern, the next best step is to look into having it replaced. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance if still an issue.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes