pricing policy
dgrubner

I bought my Lumina 928 on 7/5 for $199.99, got my $50 rebate last week, love the phone. Yesterday I see it advertised on TV for FREE, (after the $50 rebate)!!? Contacted Verizon store, price matching is only good during the first 14 days. Maybe so but this is a $150 drop in 5 weeks. very unfair.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: pricing policy
rcschnoor
Legend

Well, the policy is 14 days. If you were to get one at 5 weeks, someone else would want one at 6 weeks. If someone got one at 6 weeks, someone else would want one at 7 weeks. etc...

The policy is 14 days. Verizon needs to either stand by their policy or refund the difference to anyone who bought a phone which was later reduced in price.

These are electronic gadgets. The price is always going to drop. In my experience, the price match for most retailers is 30 days and you STILL fall outside of this window.

dgrubner

for some reason I can not reply on the web page but I wanted to respond. I agree with you completely but this is a 75% price drop in 5 weeks,  for a phone  introduced 3 weeks before I purchased it.  Aside from being out $150 I’d like to know why, I know technology advances at light speed but I get the feeling my hot new phone just landed on the clearance table.

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This is very typical of all phones except the biggest sellers.  They just want you to sign a new contract and, if  a phone isn't moving, they drop the price, FAST.

dgrubner

This my first smart phone so I have more to learn than I thought, I’m not sorry though, this is a great phone and I am encouraging friends to check it out especially at the new price. Thanks for your feedback.

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dgrubner,

I hope you are loving your phone. I love mine. Thanks for reaching out to us. I can see your concern about paying more for this phone and now it's free.  Our specials change all the time.  If you were still within the 14 days worry free guarantee, we would have matched the price.  I do apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
YLZHANG
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no longer such a thing as  price-matching in Verizon.  My phone was purchased within a week.  Literally the second day after I received it and activated it, a new promotion appeared.   Asked for a price-match, instead, I was told that I have the option to return it to take the advantage of the new promotion. Note that my phone does have a 30 day return period, but a $50 restocking fee! Even with restocking fee, the new promotion could save me  $5/month for 36 months.  Verizon is counting on people not bother to take the trouble of returning phones and getting a new one!!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes