"Add MMS APN" option?
mrwel800

Hi Verizon,

I'm looking to configure my Verizon HTC 8X (Windows Phone) to work with an international SIM I bought. I was told to configure the MMS APN settings from the Settings > Cellular menu, but I cannot find the "Add MMS APN" button. Am I missing something? Has it been removed from Verizon phones?

Thanks,

-Julien

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Add MMS APN" option?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which SIM card do you have in the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrwel800

I have my non-Verizon SIM in the phone right now.

0 Likes
mrwel800

Any help here?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrwel800 look no further, help is here! We'll do everything we can to make certain that you stay in touch while you travel. All 4G devices are unlocked by default so there are not any additional steps needed from our end. I would recommend reaching out to the international provider for assistance.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrwel800

Thanks for the reply Ashley! The international provider has actually referred me to Verizon support for assistance... Even though the phone is unlocked, I'm unable to send or receive MMS on the Verizon device with the international SIM. All online help for this points to setting the "MMS APN" settings correctly, but the Verizon variant of the phone doesn't seem to have this menu (the same phone on other carriers does -- I've checked). Is there some other setting I should check?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrweI800,

Your patience is greatly appreciated on this matter. While we do unlock our global devices for international sim cards, the services that are offered by other carriers are supported specifically through that company. May I ask what company's sim card do you have? Also, what country are you in? Are you not able to use any wireless service with the sim card? If not then I would suggest reaching out to the international carrier for assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrwel800

Hey Arnett -- Unfortunately the international carrier has referred me to VZW once more. I'm currently in the US and I cannot get MMS to work on my 8X with this sim card. However, I can confirm that the sim card is not the issue -- I've plugged into other VZW phones and it worked fine only after I changed the MMS APN settings on these other phones.

The VZW 8X I have does not seem to have the option of changing the MMS APN settings (even though 8Xs on other carriers do, as I mentioned previously).

Thanks for your assistance,

-Julien

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your phone is not working mrwe1800. I know this is frustrating. Please reach out to our global support team. Here is the link to contact them in and out of the U.S. http://vz.to/1eyPfPp . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Navyguns

Reading through this thread, I don't think KinquanaH_VZw was grasping the issue. Verizon has disabled the MMS APN settings on the HTC 8X phone. What the original poster (and all of us who have a Verizon purchased HTC 8X) need is a way to re-enable access to the MMS APN settings so the phone can be used when travelling out of Verizon territory or with another carrier's SIM card in it. Is this possible?

0 Likes