severe battery drain after Verizon last update
dalepbaker

I have been experiencing SEVERE fast battery drain on both of my HTC 8X devices,what gives.

Never had run the battery down til latest updates,even though phones 1.5 years old.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: severe battery drain after Verizon last update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dalebaker,

Have a lasting battery is critical to staying connected while on the go! Let's partner together so you can get the most out of your 8X's battery. May I ask what software did you update to? It's highly recommended to re-adjust your device settings after each update. Here's a link on how to do so. http://bit.ly/1s4rqkE. Once you have done so, please retest and keep us posted.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dalepbaker

The link you suggested is NOT for my HTC 8X phone.

Lousy Verizon support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the mix up, dalepbaker. How fast does your battery seem to deplete after a full charge using the original home charger?

HTC provided these battery saving tips for the HTC 8X:
1.Turn off the display when you're not using it.
2.Reduce screen brightness under your specific visual habit.
3.Turn off wireless connections such as the data connection, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth when not in use.
4.Turn on the battery saver option. To access the battery saver option on the Start screen, slide to the left. Tap settings then battery saver.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dalepbaker

I have never run the battery down with current setting,after the update battery will shut off after 7 hours daily.

I uninstalled all apps installed,making the phone worthless,but got to have a phone to talk on.

The latest update caused my phone to drain 40% faster.

When my contract is up this fall not staying with Verizon over screwing up my phones.

I must run the battery saver mode all the time to make it thru a normal day.

Anyway I can remove the update ?

Very Unhappy

Dale

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done, Dale. It would not be possible to remove or revert the operating system once it has been applied without voiding the manufacturer's warranty. At this point, you may consider performing a factory data reset, which should sweep any potential corruption in the operating system from the device. The instructions for that action are here: http://vz.to/1r7I1mT

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
foerVZ

I had this same problem with my Windows HTC 8x phone after the last update.  The only thing I found that solved the problem was to turn off the "Feedback" under Settings.  It also helps to turn off Bluetooth if you don't regularly connect to a Bluetooth device.  Uninstalling your apps does not effect your battery usage unless you have push notifications and automatic data retrieval turned on for all apps that allow such things.  Maybe disable those notifications for all but the most important applications that you use every day.

Hope this helps!

Mike

0 Likes
dalepbaker

I have had feedback disabled from the start. Verizon updates has screwed up phones. Apple would take resposibiltiy and replace the phone in or out of warranty.

Verizon is going to lose a lot of customers with this kind of BS solutions.

0 Likes
dalepbaker

Way ahead of Verizon pitifull lousy support. Did a HARD RESET 2 times,draining the battery fully and recharging.

0 Likes