text messaging issue only "media content in this message"
wellsnet

I have a old HTC 8X and recently I have been getting "Media content in this message" with no text or ability to retrieve the message. It only happens with a couple of people and it may be associated with group messages. This seems unlikely since I generally do receive group messages. Anyone know anything about this? TIA.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text messaging issue only "media content in this message"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to miss out on any messages, wellsnet. Are you aware when this happens if the person sending the message has sent a picture or plain text? Has this only happened when you are in a group message? When this happens, are you connected to data?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: text messaging issue only "media content in this message"
Jcpstrat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been battling the "Get Media Content" with the Messaging app on my Lumia 735 for quite awhile. The message also provides a "Download" link I can click and then the message downloads. I just figured the Lumia 735 had a crappy antenna. Then 2 days ago I dropped my phone. I opened it and everything appeared OK but as the day went on I realized I wasn't getting any messages. I tried to send a message and got a message that it couldn't connect.I tried to call someone and got a similar message. Using another phone I asked someone to send me a message and call me and found I couldn't receive messages or calls.

I powered it off, removed battery, re-installed battery and restarted but still no luck. I did the same thing again only after removing the battery I removed both the SIM card and my extra memory card and then re-inserted them and that not only fixed the message & calling problem but also the "Get Media Content" problem. My guess is the SIM card must have had a contact issue and dropping it made it worse but removing and re-inserting resolved it.

Actually the Lumia 735 is working better that it every did. Smiley Happy

0 Likes