Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
text numbers
ellie611

is there a way to get a hold of history of text numbers once they disappear from my bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text numbers
bc3tech
Novice

Only if the user hasn't deleted them from the phone manually.

Start | Messaging

That shows you a list of all the text messages sent. Now, they're grouped by "conversation" (essentially user), but that list will show the last message sent or received from a number. You can go back as far as you like. From my knowledge there's no limit to how far that history goes.

Hope that answers your question.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Be sure to save a copy of each months detail in a .pdf, so you can go back a view if necessary

Bc3tech is correct for the most part. However Smartphones have a 200 message default set before messages are deleted, unless changed by the user.

0 Likes
ellie611

Im talkin when i click on view bill....for example if i select sept 2011 i can see who i called or who called me...but when i click on messages there is nothing?

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

ellie611 wrote:

Im talkin when i click on view bill....for example if i select sept 2011 i can see who i called or who called me...but when i click on messages there is nothing?

Correct. VZW only keeps text logs available for 3 months. So when the new bill arrives, go online and save each bill on your PC so you can access the info if ever needed.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Novice

budone wrote:

Be sure to save a copy of each months detail in a .pdf, so you can go back a view if necessary

Bc3tech is correct for the most part. However Smartphones have a 200 message default set before messages are deleted, unless changed by the user.

i don't see such an option on Windows Phone. and I am looking at WAY more than 200 messages on mine right now...

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

bc3tech wrote:

budone wrote:

i don't see such an option on Windows Phone. and I am looking at WAY more than 200 messages on mine right now...

Oh yeah, Windows is a different beast. My First SmartPhone, I had nearly every text I received on it, until I retired it.

0 Likes
SickFreak

I guess it depends on something as I looked at my bills and it only lists the voice calls, not the text messages.  It does show the number of text messages, but not who I sent to / received from.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You need to be the account owner and you need to look at invoices that are 3 months or less old

0 Likes
ellie611

Thats it! Can i somehow get the numbers if its over 3 months?? Like april 2011 tiill now

0 Likes