gmrc2

The phone does have a group and room text feature. You can make and name a group and add people you want to mass text to it. The issue is; any recipient who respond can only respond by individual treads and not a group response where the entire group and see. So in short, you can group text out but not receive text as a group.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your Lumia 928 has the Amber update, you CAN group text, and recipients can respond to the group, if their phone is capable as well.  You need to turn the feature on - got to Settings, choose Applications on the top of the screen, then Messaging, scroll down and set Group text to ON.

I don't use it much, but after the Amber update, I tried it with some friends and it did work.  Replies were seen by all, and I could see all the participants.

The behavior you describe is the way it was working BEFORE the Amber update.  To see if that's the software you are running, Go to settings, and scroll almost all the way to the bottom t extras + info, and it will say Lumia Amber in amber colored text if your phone is running it.

0 Likes
Designut

I've tested this and it still does NOT work. In other words, I can create a group text, but when someone in that group replies to the group, I receive this as a single text from the sender. The group thread is now broken.

Super frustrating! I'm ready to move to another carrier.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you sure the person replying to the group text is replying to the entire group? Possibly they do not have group texting activated or chosen on their device?

0 Likes