Re: texting problem with new Windows Phone 8 update
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody heard ANYTHING on when this might get fixed?

It's getting old to have to clear message threads, toggle airplane mode and reboot the phone daily.

0 Likes
FollowrOfChrist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't heard anything

Michael

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
amrone

I have a Lumia 920 on AT&T, and am not familiar with your issue, perhaps it is just a Verizon thing.  That said, AT&T has their issues too, primarily as they have not rolled out the Amber update with GDR2 yet, nor have they even issued a release date.  I finally gave up and flashed the ROM on my phone to unbrand it, which immediately allowed the Amber/GDR2 update to occur.  My phone works much better now (no text issues that are discussed in this thread), but my wife and kids were afraid to flash their phones (voids the AT&T warranty, and there is a small risk of bricking the phone), so they're still waiting for their updates; and when they do receive the update, AT&T will have removed the Data Sense app, which is a really valuable part of the update (I have been considering switching to Verizon, do they strip out Data Sense?)

Concerning the Verizon text problem after GDR2, take a look in the Access Point app (under Settings), and see if you have multiple Verizon connection options (I see 3 different AT&T options with mine: 3G, LTE1 and LTE2), so perhaps it would be worth trying a different Access Point to see if that might fix the problem.  If not, or if you lose all connectivity, just switch back to the current setting.

Good luck,

Andy

0 Likes
syntheticj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I am not the only one with this problem, I hope someone fixes this soon. what a pain in my butt!

0 Likes
Gryphon36
Enthusiast - Level 2

5) I gave up on the 8X and switched to a Nokia 928. Only have had the new phone for a couple days but I've had no problems at home or work where the 8X (and 822) were always flaking out. Could be worth looking into if you're as fed up as I was. There are some sad stories in the 928 forum too but the one that I got has been rock solid. I'll update if that ceases to be the case.

0 Likes
Gryphon36
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 928, 8X, and 822 I've had post-Amber all have Data-Sense.

At the risk of losing my credibility, I don't think the Verizon phones have the Access Point app that the AT&T phones have.

If you do switch to Verizon, I give the 928 a thumbs up and the 8X and 822 thumbs down.

0 Likes
amrone

My bad, I don't believe that the Access Point application was a part of the GDR2 update (available thru all carriers?)  I installed it this summer before traveling abroad (swapped out SIM cards to use local voice and data rates).  It is available on the Store:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Follow up note.  AT&T did roll out the Amber/GDR2 update yesterday, and as feared, Data Sense was stripped out.  #@%! AT&T.

0 Likes
Chasewarden

No.  I do too.  The Window's phone is a piece of shit.  My kids have iPhones and haved no issues. 

0 Likes
kinglin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please fix this. Its driving me nuts!

I would confirm the earlier post that the issue arises after the phone goes out of service and then comes back into service area. I ride the subway every day (where there is obviously no service) and every time I exit the subway I must cycle Airplane Mode on and off before being able to send text messages.

This is TOTALLY unacceptable

0 Likes
Yrral3215

Same problem with my 8X and my wifes 8X.

This sucks!

0 Likes