Re: texting problem with new Windows Phone 8 update
Redheadjq

Good news for the texting problem. Just completed a live chat and was told "

It looks like the texting thing is going to be fixed when a patch is sent to the phone within the next couple weeks." help is on its way!

0 Likes
seacreature
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same issue since the latest software update in August/September. To be able to send a message when this occurs requires me to power cycle the phone.

Other issues I have been experiencing:

Sim card not detected- Began experiencing issue approximately one month after owning on two separate phones. Issue acknowledged by Verizon and HTC. Response has been to perform a hard reset of the phone to integrate software patch/update and they even sent me a new phone. Still have the problem after both attempted solutions.

Phone powering off on its own- Issue started around August/September, around the same time as the recent software update.

I experience at least one of the these problems a day at this time and usually more than once.

0 Likes
LWatson77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having the same issue today. Tried to send the text over and over, just kept being told "Try Again." But at the same time, texts were coming in from my friends, one of which sent me a Facebook message because she never heard from me because of the failed text messages not going through. Yeah, this isn't annoying at all. Like another person said, I really want to be a fan of Windows Phone and sing it's praises to others, but so far, it has been nearly impossible to do. This is the worst phone I've ever owned in my life, and I've owned a lot.

How hard is a fix for this??????????

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I understand. Some of us have had to deal with this issue since we received GDR2.

Way too long to have to endure a problem like this.

0 Likes
DennisVipond

I am able to receive text's but cannot send them.  I rebooted and turned on and off airplane mode to no avail.  Finally turning off WIFI and turning it back on fixed it.  Hopefully problem will not come back.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Would be nice if Verizon actually acknowledged this issue.

I have to do one or more of the "workarounds" almost daily to get text messaging to work. This has been going on since the GDR2 update..........................................................

0 Likes
Yrral3215

My wife and I both have been fighting this since the up-date. We are getting fed up.

I just read on another forum about two different people returning their phones to Verizon and getting full credit for what they paid toward a brand new - different - phone.

You don't have to stick with HTC or Windows if you don't want to.

Apparently it takes some persistence with customer service and insisting on moving up the ladder to supervisors, but you can get a brand new phone.

Id suggest everyone who is fed up with this do just that.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Would be nice if Verizon just actually admitted there is a problem and promptly fixed it.

Let us know if you are successful in getting them to swap out your phone etc.

I know my phone is getting progressively worse as I have the issue occur at least a couple times per day now.

The most frustrating part is there hasn't been one response from a Verizon rep to this thread.  

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There hasn't been a rep response to this thread because it wasn't marked as a question.

Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I see.

Figured there'd be some "response" from them considering the size this thread has grown to though.

0 Likes