texting problem with new Windows Phone 8 update
FollowrOfChrist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the update is called GDR3, but I am unsure. I am currently running OS version 8.0.10327.77. I have a Windows Phone HTC 8x with Verizon as my carrier. I just downloaded and installed this update yesterday (new features listed here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/basics/windows-phone-8-update-history). Of course, being part of Verizon, I was excited to finally use group texting and I liked the radio feature and Google account compatibility assurance. Though all of those work well (I am assuming), there are now new problems that were not issues before this update.

First Issue: "Can't send message. Try again."

As seen in this image:

wp_ss_20130831_0001.jpg

No matter how many times I hit try again, it does nothing. I can copy and paste the text and it will result with nothing. i can try to type a completely new message and nothing. When I get these texting "blocks", it isn't just for one contact but all of them. It has nothing to do with reception or internet as I am in areas with strong reception and access to both. This texting failure would never happen prior to the update and it is quite frustrating that it now does. This error only happens when texting, but if i switch to Facebook it works completely fine. However, I don't communicate via Facebook and neither do my friends. We text and right now about 50% of my day results in failed texts.

2nd Issue: Slower phone

Everything my phone does is now a second or more slower. Open texting, email, an app...whatever- it all takes longer to do and is looses its fluidity it had before.

3rd Issue: data operations don't work as well.

Anything using data when I am away from wifi either fails or takes exponentially longer to use. Internet browsing is agonizing now when I need directions or quick answers. This may in correlation to issue #2, but I am certain all of these are related to the overall new update.

Please fix. I love Windows Phone when it works, but with the bugs and "late in the game" on apps and features that are staples on Android and IOS devices, it sure makes it difficult to be a Windows Phone fan. I want to be able to brag about my Windows Phone with anyone/everyone so they will want to get one too.

FollowrOfChrist

Labels (1)
Re: texting problem with new Windows Phone 8 update
winHTC8x
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this SAME problem on all 5 windows 8 phones my family uses!  All 5 devices worked fine PRIOR to the latest update.  I have called Verizon and they cannot figure it out. Of course they told me that no one else has this problem.  Verizon needs to address this as we aren't the only 2 people with this issue!  Verizon, PLEASE HELP!  We need to post this on Twitter and Facebook to get them to address this.

FollowrOfChrist
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I went to the store, they told me that this was a "known issue". They had me turn off my phone and they did something to improve my phone's connection to the tower or whatever. Once I turned my phone back on, everything worked fine...for about three days. The tech people on the phone at the Verizon store told me if the problem arose again, I should reset (soft) my phone, which I really didn't want to do, because it is a royal pain, but this past Friday, I reluctantly did it and.... (dramatic pause)... The problem is still there so the advice given was bologne. AT&T Windows Phones don't have this issue. This is creating communication problems with family and friends. Please help us Verizon.

FollowrOfChrist

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
winHTC8x
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I called, they had me also do a soft reset.  They also removed texting from my account, then added it back.  They did this for all 5 devices.  This worked for about 1 day. This is causing us to not be able to respond to business issues. I don't understand why Verizon won't fix.  This is a huge issue!  Probably need to call into their Corporate Office and ask for assistance.  This is the only way it will get fixed sooner rather then later.

0 Likes
jlaurie06

i am having the same problem! getting really frustrating! I've been powering down my phone and it works for the rest of the day.  the next day, the problem is back! and of course, I am not eligible for an upgrade until Feb 2015!

>>Profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem after this release as well. I rebooted the phone let the battery run down etc. I haven't had any issues now for over a week with it so not sure if letting the battery run down in it or? took care of it.

0 Likes
winHTC8x
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I recommend you all do.  Call into Verizon Wireless' corporate office (private info removed).  Ask to speak to Daniel Mead.  You will be routed to his secretary, and explain that we are not getting anywhere with this problem and we need Mr. Mead's assistance in escalating this as the support team is doing nothing.

Content edited for private information as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
kwickone

Same issue with my wife's 8x, and also with a friend of hers who also has the 8x.  This is unacceptable VZW?  May have to convince my wife to join me on AT&T!

0 Likes
Mightym

I'm having the same issues with texting after the update. Had no such issues before the update. It is really starting to irritate me.

0 Likes
locochinoloco

I'm in the same boat .... even reboot doesn't solve the problem 100% of the time... *sigh*

HTC 8X with OS 8.0.10327.77

0 Likes