unstable internet sharing
Furuta

Ever since this last update internet sharing has been unstable on my phone. After a few minutes it seems to stop working and I have to turn off then back on the internet sharing to work.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is this intentional by Verizon? If so, then it's time to look for another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unstable internet sharing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Furuta,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your device. What exact model of windows phone do you have? To clarify, by internet sharing are you referring to mobile hotspot or tethering?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hotdog777

I am having the same problem after the 8.1 upgrade on my lumia 928

0 Likes
hotdog777

mobile hotspot

0 Likes
Furuta

I have the Lumia 928, and ever since the 8.1 update the mobile hotspot has

been horrible with many slowdowns and disconnects.

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 11:20 AM, hotdog777 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

LindseyT_VZW of Verizon Wireless Costomer Support,

On Windows it is not called a hotspot or tethering. This technology is properly called "Internet Sharing" in the Settings menu, as this is what you are doing, sharing your phones internet with another device through wifi.

0 Likes
hotdog777

OK, I got it "internet sharing" Now can you please answer the original question, instead of jacking us around.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hotdog777!

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's get to the bottom of this! Do you experience the unstable connection in a specific area? If so, please provide the zip code.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

hotdog777, I wasn't jacking you around, I replied and directed my comment to Verizon Wireless Customer Support. I know you are angry about what has happened to your phone, but your language seems like you are angry at me. My post was directed towards Verizon Wireless Customer Support for Furuta and your benefit, because I am not happy with the, for lack of a kinder word, the incompetence of Verizon Wireless Customer Support. They do not understand the Windows Phone platform so when they post in these forums they first act like they care, then they say something sympathetic, then they try to sound up beat like they are going to fix your problem, but it is a façade because they never provide any real help.

So to answer your question: because issues like this are very difficult to troubleshoot, and most likely you will never get to the bottom of it, I would unfortunately recommend the drastic measure of resetting or restoring your phone FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA If the issue persist after wiping the phone, then check Microsoft: Nokia Lumia 928 - Troubleshooter - Microsoft - USA or contact Microsoft: Nokia Lumia 928 - Warranty and repair - Microsoft - USA .

I think I am coming to the conclusion that it is sort of useless to post in the Verizon Wireless Community Forums. Verizon Wireless Customer Support doesn't help on here. The best thing I have seen to do here seems like complain with other people who are in the same boat about firmware updates not being released, but even then Verizon Wireless doesn't listen to us on these forums. It is probably best if we all just started posting over in Windows Central Forums and Windows Phone - Microsoft Community. Also, those sites get a lot of media attention in the internet news aggregators.

0 Likes
Furuta

I am having the issue in all of Naples and Miami, FL.  I think the issue might be that the patch might have been modified by Verizon in some way and caused this issue.  I am also having screen lock up and black outs,  and other issues with the phone including the camera giving me a black screen. 

I think for the time being that my best option to try and revert the phone to factory reset and wait till they get their act together before I update the OS.

My friend is on another carrier and he got the update months ago and did not have any of these kinds of issues. 

0 Likes