weatherbug and weather.com not working
weatherbug

I have installed and reinstalled both weatherbug and weather.com on my new win7 trophy and they both are not working?  Any suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: weatherbug and weather.com not working
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

JudyG38401 wrote:

How do you get the live tile for Weather Channel?  I can't get the application to work - just goes to title screen.  If the application would continue, would there be a selection to make it a live tile?  Obviously pinning it to the start page isn't the answer.

I'm pretty lame if I can't get the Weather Channel to work!

I wouldn't call you lame, Judy!  Obviously there's a problem keeping it from working on your phone, because all you should have to do is download, and once the icon is in your programs menu, tap it. 

This sounds extreme, but have you tried doing a hard reset of the phone?  Like I said, it sounds extreme, but with this phone, really it's not.  Your contacts will come right back, as they are on your Live account.  Apps you've paid for can be reinstalled without having to pay for them again (if they were installed through Zune desktop, they will automatically reinstall when you sync the phone).  I've reset my phone a number of times because I've installed some hacks, and because when I had a Sprint Arrive, it wouldn't unlock using Microsoft's developer tools (there was a problem with Sprint Arrives unlocking). 

Unless you have a compelling reason not to, go ahead and give it a try.  Tap Settings, About, Reset your phone, then yes to both of the confirmations.

After that, your phone will be just like when you bought it, add your live account, and see if the app works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3
What's not working exactly? The app itself or the live tiles?
0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Depending on how many apps you've installed that use live tiles....  There is a limit of 15 Live Tile apps that can have active live tiles.  Also, there is a known bug where uninstalling some apps does not remove them from that limit of 15.  It doesn't happen with all live tile apps, so there is speculation that it has to do with how the developer uses his live tiles.  The problem is that for those apps that suffer this bug, unless you have a developer unlocked phone, and can edit the registry, the only solution is a hard reset.  I am not aware of whether this bug will be fixed in Mango as I have not asked around, but I would expect it to be fixed then, as it is a well-known bug among developers.

0 Likes
weatherbug

The live tile and the apps are not working..click on weather bug and you get a blank screen, click on the Weather channel and the weather channel comes up and then nothing happens.

0 Likes
weatherbug

I only have a few live tles that are active and also the apps themselves do not work when I click on it from the icon on the app page....

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

weatherbug wrote:

I only have a few live tles that are active and also the apps themselves do not work when I click on it from the icon on the app page....

I'm not sure, then - have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

0 Likes
weatherbug

yes and no luck

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

weatherbug wrote:

yes and no luck

😕  Sorry, no ideas.  Have you contacted the publisher?

0 Likes
JudyG38401

I'm also having this issue - I thought it was me.  I have exactly the same blank screen for WeatherBug and just title screen for Weather.com.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1
the weather channel live tile works great (in the USA anyways).
weather bug & the weather channel app might take ~60 minutes to refresh the live tile and obviously require data connection to be turned on.

weatherbug wrote:

I have installed and reinstalled both weatherbug and weather.com on my new win7 trophy and they both are not working?  Any suggestions

0 Likes