Re: weatherbug and weather.com not working
JudyG38401

How do you get the live tile for Weather Channel?  I can't get the application to work - just goes to title screen.  If the application would continue, would there be a selection to make it a live tile?  Obviously pinning it to the start page isn't the answer.

I'm pretty lame if I can't get the Weather Channel to work!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

JudyG38401 wrote:

How do you get the live tile for Weather Channel?  I can't get the application to work - just goes to title screen.  If the application would continue, would there be a selection to make it a live tile?  Obviously pinning it to the start page isn't the answer.

I'm pretty lame if I can't get the Weather Channel to work!

I wouldn't call you lame, Judy!  Obviously there's a problem keeping it from working on your phone, because all you should have to do is download, and once the icon is in your programs menu, tap it. 

This sounds extreme, but have you tried doing a hard reset of the phone?  Like I said, it sounds extreme, but with this phone, really it's not.  Your contacts will come right back, as they are on your Live account.  Apps you've paid for can be reinstalled without having to pay for them again (if they were installed through Zune desktop, they will automatically reinstall when you sync the phone).  I've reset my phone a number of times because I've installed some hacks, and because when I had a Sprint Arrive, it wouldn't unlock using Microsoft's developer tools (there was a problem with Sprint Arrives unlocking). 

Unless you have a compelling reason not to, go ahead and give it a try.  Tap Settings, About, Reset your phone, then yes to both of the confirmations.

After that, your phone will be just like when you bought it, add your live account, and see if the app works.

0 Likes
JudyG38401

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home - want to be sure Zune gets the pictures taken today synced with my laptop.

0 Likes
JudyG38401

That worked!  I reset the phone.  Don't know what the problem was, but that fixed it.  Not everything comes back on your phone, though.  My pictures were all safe on my laptop, but I did have to drag the ones I wanted to keep on the phone back to my Trophy.  And I'll have to scan my key ring bar codes again.

Thanks for the help!  The Weather channel live tile works great.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

You won't have to scan your keyring barcodes again if you created an account with them - it will download to your phone.

Glad it worked.

0 Likes