when I open my explorer browser i only get the following: Message from webpage, computer scan alert; error codes 0x80070424 and 0x80070005. can anyone tell me what this is all about?
marcus7pc

explorer browser message:  error codes 0x80070424 and 0x80070005.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this.  I can't use my explorer browser because of this error code that keeps popping up when I open explorer on my lumia 928.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: when I open my explorer browser i only get the following:  Message from webpage, computer scan alert; error codes 0x80070424 and 0x80070005.  can anyone tell me what this is all about?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back online, marcus7pc! Have you restarted the phone since this began? What new applications have you recently installed? I am eager to work to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us onTwitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: when I open my explorer browser i only get the following: Message from webpage, computer scan alert; error codes 0x80070424 and 0x80070005. can anyone tell me what this is all about?
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Try turning off your wifi and only use mobile data and see if you have the same error.

Can you use other Internet services like Netflix Pandora,  News apps?

These error msgs can be netwrk connectivity problem.  If you CAN connect on the Verizon network then your problem is with your wifi router settings.  Just hard reset your router. 

If no apps are connecting to the network on mobile data and your browser still gives you this error msg try removing you sim card,  restart your device and replace the sim card.

Go to Play store and make sure all your apps are updated even apps installed that you don't use.

Try using another browser. Use Chrome. Opera. Or Flashfox. Turn wifi off.

Do you get the Same error messages on mobile data and with other browsers?

0 Likes
Re: when I open my explorer browser i only get the following: Message from webpage, computer scan alert; error codes 0x80070424 and 0x80070005. can anyone tell me what this is all about?
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Just notice you are on a  Windows phone.  This is a firewall connectivity issue.  Someone will need to help you with that.  Follow the earlier advice and if that doesn't work call Windows mobile support.

0 Likes