Re: when can i update my nokia lumia icon to windows 8.1?
tomaras
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's not my take. I blame Verizon because they do not care enough for Windows Phone to even stock accessories for the phones. It's even hard to find the phones in the stores as they have zero signage.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tomaras wrote:

That's not my take. I blame Verizon because they do not care enough for Windows Phone to even stock accessories for the phones. It's even hard to find the phones in the stores as they have zero signage.

This is because its a low performing device. Like any product in retail you don't bolster sales of non selling items over those that have a huge selling appeal.

I would check Best Buy or Amazon if you need accessories.

CombatRock72
Enthusiast - Level 2

The lack of sales is due to VZW, not the phone itself. Promote it like VZW does for Apple and Android the OS would be a viable contender in the mobile race.  VZW is one of the main reasons for the failure in sales on this great product.

0 Likes
Not applicable

CombatRock72 wrote:

The lack of sales is due to VZW, not the phone itself. Promote it like VZW does for Apple and Android the OS would be a viable contender in the mobile race.  VZW is one of the main reasons for the failure in sales on this great product.

If you read up on the sales of Windows devices you will find it has declined in this country (USA) from just last year.

That cannot be blamed on Verizon Wireless. Look at the overall sales broke down to all carriers (Real carriers like the Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon) they are dismal in regards to other platforms like Android and iOS.

I have been told Microsoft has ads on TV of which I have never seen. A guy here sent me a video on a Cortina versus Siri from YouTube and I found it amusing.

It is just not the right time for these devices. Microsoft should stay with the Personal computer market and not see the phones are never going to do any better. I would wait for the next quarter numbers and see what they post as overall sales in this country.

0 Likes