when will verizon wireless get new Windows phones?
lovemywindowsphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon Wireless offer NEW Windows phones?  I have the Lumia 928 and wanted to upgrade but there are no upgrades for Windows.  What is going on?  I read that Windows is releasing new phones on the fall 2015 and I am hoping that Verizon will carry these.  Other wise, I am considering changing carriers although I have been with Verizon since 2002.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when will verizon wireless get new Windows phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lovemywindowsphone,

Getting a new phone can certainly be exciting. We like to keep our phone options open and diverse. We provide two ways in which you can keep informed of emerging new products and services. One is via our email notification alert, in which you can sign up here:  http://vz.to/1AlQzuJ . The other is via our News Center, which you can follow and bookmark here:  http://vz.to/1KMOroN .

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is the only phone sold by Verizon with Windows.

Microsoft Lumia 735 | Verizon Wireless

And, with MS cutting back drastically, you won't find many more than 1 or 2 phones offered on any carrier.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

VZW cannot sell new Windows Phone devices if Microsoft/OEM doesn't release any new phones.  It's a catch 22

Microsoft is suppose to talk about new 'Windows 10 device' at IFA on September 4.  So we'll see what new Windows Phones they will have to offer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lovemywindowsphone,

Getting a new phone can certainly be exciting. We like to keep our phone options open and diverse. We provide two ways in which you can keep informed of emerging new products and services. One is via our email notification alert, in which you can sign up here:  http://vz.to/1AlQzuJ . The other is via our News Center, which you can follow and bookmark here:  http://vz.to/1KMOroN .

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

If the article on Windows Central has any merit; Windows Phone on VZW is dead!

Verizon is reportedly one of those carrier relationships that is ending with Microsoft due to it not being beneficial (see Nadella's message).

Source: Microsoft's Cityman and Talkman flagship Lumia phones and what you need to know | Windows Central (see Release Dates section).

Devspeed
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sure hope this isn't true. If so I may have to move my company to At&t. That makes more sense than going to iPhone.

Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

primortal, I was just about to post that exact thing. Thanks for sharing here.

VZW will lose 2 lines when the new Cityman (Lumia 950 XL) is released and Verizon dumps on it.

Their Loss.

Maybe TMobile, or ATT, since I have DirectTV and ATT might be buying them out.

Could make since to move.

Love my Icon. Looking forward to Cityman (Lumia 950 XL).

Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

You have to also note that the reason for no new phones in so long is the transition from Nokia to MS,

and the Windows 10 release. These 2 things alone take time and in the long run will be worth it.

Windows 10 Mobile is getting better. 10166 isn't perfect, but it's very usable for a daily driver.

There are some bugs still, but not game ending. Next release I think will be pretty dang solid.

My guess is, 2 to 3 weeks for next Mobile Insider release.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

VZW is mostly to blame being they sit on these devices (Icon and the 735) for several months before release them.  Then throw a fit when they don't sell.  They don't sell for two reasons (aside from the app gap); one, the phone is practically out of date and two, VZW doesn't advertise at all along with the brick-and-mortar stores treating the devices like they have the plague.  Microsoft isn't innocent here either; they don't advertise for their devices either.

I prey with Windows 10 Mobile changes all that.  I really hope what Windows Central said about Microsoft and VZW isn't true.

MrGecko
Contributor - Level 1

primortal, I just read the same thing. Looks like I will be shopping for a new carrier soon. Love my Icon except for the lack of a SD card slot. I am excited about the 940/950 series with windows 10! It shall work great with my laptop & Xbox One.