when will windows 8.1 be relased?
doughe

when will windows 8.1 be released for the icon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: when will windows 8.1 be relased?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good question. Other customers in various threads in this forum have been asking that same question for a few months now. The other company that can answer it is Nokia/Microsoft as their website has continually listed the device as "Under Testing". In other words, the device hasn't been fully certified and tested by all the companies required before final release to the public.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DancingDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what is Verizon doing to test?  I assume that Verizon has a stake in this otherwise we would have received the update. 

I see that the ICON is no longer sold on your list of phones.  I still expect the Cyan update by Jan 2015.  I am paying a premium to have Verizon, and I live in the city.   Please provide the update one way or another.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann is not Verizon wireless.

Verizon will release any update when and if they want to.

They are under no obligation to give any updates.

You pay for connectivity to the cellular and data network on a device supplied by you.

Verizon does not make devices, nor repair them nor warrant them.

That is solely on the device maker.

Good Luck

0 Likes
DancingDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Microsoft, if you are listening "leak" the update to a reputable site and I will put it on my phone myself.

0 Likes