why does screen go black when I make a phone call and I lose all functionality?
cathleenmcguire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every time I make a phone call the entire screen goes black and I am not able to enter anything into the dial pad nor am I able to access any other functionality whatsoever.  I just have to wait until the call times out and then I get my screen and functionality back. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why does screen go black when I make a phone call and I lose all functionality?
cathleenmcguire
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Tech support too and remarkably the woman gave me a solution that did not requirement to deal with a replacement phone.

The solution is utterly bizarre.  She told me to remove the cheap plastic case and sure enough once I did I was able to make phone calls without any problems.  Crazy, no?

I put the case back on and everything is still fine.

She said if it happens again, leave the case off for a longer period of time.  If that doesn't fix it then she said through tech support they can do a Reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why does screen go black when I make a phone call and I lose all functionality?
Timmyk

I had this exact same issue.  I called tech support, and I had a replacement phone on the way.

0 Likes
cathleenmcguire
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Tech support too and remarkably the woman gave me a solution that did not requirement to deal with a replacement phone.

The solution is utterly bizarre.  She told me to remove the cheap plastic case and sure enough once I did I was able to make phone calls without any problems.  Crazy, no?

I put the case back on and everything is still fine.

She said if it happens again, leave the case off for a longer period of time.  If that doesn't fix it then she said through tech support they can do a Reset.

0 Likes