Re: why isnt this phone compadible with adobe flash ect
msprincesslisa81

okay im not phone smart AT ALLLL...... lol so i didnt know about the adobe or what not i have no idea what adobe really is i just knw that it said i needed it when i tryed to play my games......... however why is it that others can get on there phones and play the same games i wnt to play with no issues?? i mean am i missing somthing im wondering if i got the wrong phone Smiley Sad i even went to the verizon store and wnted to find out about my phone and i was told "if ur asking about that windows phone i have no idea..... i wont even sell them unless the customer really wants it" so that makes me feel like i got a dud for a phone. it was my upgrade from my motorola citris so at first i figured ohhh ok this HAS to be better....... but now im wondering cause i cnt find any apps i wnt like simple apps such as tango like i said i cnt play my fb games i cnt even find me a app to block calls??? the guy at the store says that windows phones are behind in technology and they dont even have half the apps the other phones have but it should grow????? idk what all that even means. and i didnt know a iphone4 was a option for me to get my husband did the upgrade his oppinnion is that iphones are no good lol but idk if im just over reacting on all of this do i just need to learn how to use my phone or should i go and change out for the iphone4  like i said im not phone smart at all. so idk if the i phone will be good for me either???? alost does anyone what the insuracne deductible is for this nokia phone?????

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Wow hard to read...

Yes, Windows Phone is somewhat lacking in applications but that changes everyday.  Just because Android and Apple have more apps doesn't mean it a better operating system.  It boils down to what apps do you need/use the most.

What games (besides FB games) are you looking to play?

Windows Phone is little rough around the edges but IMHO its much better than the iPhone or Android.  It will get better this year.  It has too if it wants to survive.

Right now there are no apps or native functionality to block calls.  You can go to VZW website and log in to your account and block number if you want.  A little time consuming but it works.

You would have to check your insurance policy to see what the deductible is.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your friends could have Android phones or IPhones. You have a Windows 8 phone. All 3 use different operating systems. As of now because Windows 8 phones are newer there are less apps for them. That changes every day. It will just take time. No I wouldn't get a Iphone 4. That's not even 4G. Personally I would get ANY Iphone but if I had to chose one I'd at least get the 5.

Anyways some older Android phone still can run Flash. Iphones never did. For the record Adobe is company, Flash is a application that allows interactive content to be run on webpages. This is being phased out since it uses a lot of computing resources and is vulnerable to attacks by hackers. MANY MANY sites still use flash and probably will for years so those of us that like to go to websites or use apps that rely on flash are going to have to deal with it.

0 Likes
kevinhyatt

I had flash player running on my samsung galaxy precedent. It's only got an 800 mhz single core processor. Seems like the 822 would handle it much better. Here is a link to the APK file. Maybe somebody can convert it to WP8 http://androidarea51.com/downloads/flashplayer.apk

0 Likes
kevinhyatt

Here's another link for flash player on android, this one has more details.. The apk was designed to run on ARM7 processors, which is what the 822 has. I'm not too sure if it's possible to convert it for windows though.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774336

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

If the browser doesn't have the hooks to load the plugin good luck.  Plus Windows Phone 8 is walled garden in regards to applications.  If you do not have developers license which will unlock the phone there is no way to side load applications.

0 Likes