Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
wifi suddenly not connecting
adriaand

My wi-fi at home is suddenly unable to connect. The phone message is

"Can't connect

Your phone can't connect to the Wi-Fi network xxxxx"

Yesterday it worked, now not. I re-booted, deleted the home network and attempted to re-connect ... no luck

Being connected to wi-fi is very important to me and I do not want to use a hard reset as I have info on the phone that Backup assistant does not back up.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: wifi suddenly not connecting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Adriaand,

I absolutely understand the importance of ensuring you are able to connect to Wi-Fi. Let’s take a look at your concerns to get you back connected.

May we have the make/model of your phone? Any recent software updates done on your phone? Are you able to connect to any Wi-Fi networks at all?  We look forward to hearing from you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: wifi suddenly not connecting
adriaand

This morning there was a "critical software update" prompted on my Nokia 928 Windows phone. After installing the update, the wireless connection problem at my house is resolved. I do not know if all the Wi-Fi issues have been resolved.

The following is an update of the troubleshooting I have done and issues experienced over the recent weeks:

1. "Suddenly no Wi-Fi connectivity in my house" (my phone issue only … all other devices had no problem) ... resolved as of this morning
  2. Same equipment at a 2nd house of mine: no connectivity issues … have not checked is since this morning update
  3. Trip to Spain the past week: could not connect to any Wi-Fi hot spots except at Madrid airport (wife’s Android phone had no problems connecting to all Wi-Fi spots)

0 Likes