Can I activate my device by transfering my old SIM card?
bingo90654

I Have an iPhone 5c under a family plan. I Just got a Z3v from my friend (Factory unlocked).

The product description says this:

"Sony Xperia Z3v, black 32gb. Verizon Wireless model, FACTORY UNLOCKED. This model will work on Verizon and all GSM networks worldwide. Clean IMEI, off contract, and activation ready guarantee on this device. Device is in 10/10 perfect cosmetic condition and has full functionality. Looks new. The phone will come in the original box along with manuals, original wall plug, original usb cable, new headphones, new aux cable, new usb car charger, new mini stylus, and a new 8gb micro sd card with adapter."

My Question is can i just switch the sims and have everthing working fine?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple to Andriod
Snn5
Legend

If it is really a Verizon phone you should be able to do so as long as the ESN is clean.  I would call Verizon about this number first, or check several ESN check sites before buying. You may have to actually Live Chat or call or go to a corporate store though. You can also try to activate the phone via My Verizon, but that usually only works if you have activated the same device before on the account.  But ideally, swapping the SIM would work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If it is really a Verizon phone you should be able to do so as long as the ESN is clean.  I would call Verizon about this number first, or check several ESN check sites before buying. You may have to actually Live Chat or call or go to a corporate store though. You can also try to activate the phone via My Verizon, but that usually only works if you have activated the same device before on the account.  But ideally, swapping the SIM would work.

0 Likes
bingo90654

Would it keep my mobile phone number?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your number stays with your account no matter the phone you use and your electronic subscriber number is on the subscriber information module.

0 Likes
bingo90654

Thanks a bunch!

Snn5
Legend

You're welcome and I hope that phone works out for you.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Just make sure that the SIM is the same size, if not, those are FREE at a corporate store or by ordering online or over the phone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The iPhone uses a smaller SIM card then other devices. Unless Sony is using the same SIM.

Be sure to turn off iMessage in you message settings before activating a non Apple device on your number.