Re: I get an 'error during DM session' when trying to update system software
xoxcatpl

I've fiddled with PC Companion before with no success.  I got the same results now.  When I try to connect with the usb cable, it does not automatically detect the Z2.  Whjen I disconnect and connect the cable, it says "PC Companion must be updated”. (I have just downloaded and installed PC Companion 2.10.259.)  When I click Search, it says “No later version found.  You are using the latest version of PC Companion”.  When I try to connect using wifi, PC  Companion does not automatically detect the Z2.  When I connect the usb cable, it says "PC Companion was not able to connect to the phone/tablet.

In both cases, the Z2 was connected to the pc using the usb cable and was visible and accessible using the File Explorer.  When I go to the Support Zone function of PC Companion and select phone/tablet software update, it says "Could  not find phone/tablet". (The Z2 was plugged in using the usb cable).  When I select the Repair my phone/tablet and go through the Driver Software Update function, during the Prepare step I notice there are options for the SGP511, SGP512, SGP521, SPG541, and SGP551.  But there is no selection for the SGP561.  Does this mean that the SGP561 is incompatible with PC Companion?  And if so, where does that leave me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xoxcatpl-

Thank you so much for the update. That does seem a bit strange.  Have you attempted to reach out to Sony about the update? 

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xoxcatpl

I did reach out to Sony. The tech person I chatted with confirmed that the SGP561, since it is a Verizon variant of the Z2 tablet, will not work with PC Companion.  I find it a bit strange that you, as a Verizon Customer Support person, did not know this. He also said that I would have to get any updates directly from Verizon.  Can you tell me where I can directly get these updates?  I am beginning to feel like a badminton shuttlecock.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xoxcatpl, 

We never want you to feel this way.  We do apologize for any trouble this may be causing.  Sony is the manufacturer of the device and they can address any specific issues with their device. 

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tyler1985

I do know that several carriers and phone Retailers will do a complete factory re- flash on your phone for you and download the current version for you. The good thing is if the phone has a complete crash then they have to give you a new version of that phone of a make, model. with the similar value.

0 Likes
xoxcatpl

There you go again.  Apparently, you didn't read my previous post very carefully.  If you had, you would have noticed that the Sony support person I chatted with said that the SGP561 is manufactured by Sony but to Verizon's specs, mainly so it can use a sim card.  So it is really Verizon's device.  He was also quite explicit that I would have to get any updates from Verizon.  If you can't comprehend this, I will see if I can get someone from Sony to send you a message restating these facts. Judging from some posts on this and other forums, I am not the only one having this problem.  Do you give these other people the same runaround that I have been getting?  It is beginning to look like the only way that I will ever get beyond KitKat 4.4.2 is to buy a Samsung device and look to AT&T if I ever want cell phone service.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

tyler1985 wrote:

The good thing is if the phone has a complete crash then they have to give you a new version of that phone of a make, model. with the similar value.

When has that ever happened with warranty services through Verizon?

0 Likes
verizonripsyouoff

obviously you are a low level worthless customer support resource in that you keep blaming the manufacturer when clearly verizon has taken ownership as the sony software will not work with my damn table.  You should be fired as your answers are completely bull crap and you have no competence to respond to any requests.  Why the hell are you not responding with any resolution but just blowing off the question?  I spend a damn fortune to have Verizon because it is supposed to be the best but your support shows that Verizon is incompetent and obviously hiding something here.  Why the hell is this happening and how the hell are you going to make it right or do we need a class action law suite to be formed?

0 Likes
xoxcatpl

Have you come up with any new ideas on this DM session error?  And have you found out where in the Verizon sites I can get updates for the SGP561?

0 Likes
Dub1911

does your error message say " configuration not updated successfully" , give an error code 24592 and display the wrong time of when the update failed? thats what mine has been doing. I see your frustration with VZW and its valid. PC companion from sony does not work with this tablet because it was programed for VZW. they should have a way to service the tablet from a pc. I was just curious as to if you were getting the same failure when you try updating that im getting. android lollipop is rolling out now but who knows if or when verizon will send it out and if they do will this error prevent us from recieving it. Best Wishes!

0 Likes